T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have a piece of Mahi-Mahi leftover and I think I'll add it to a pizza. Not sure what flavor to go with too, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm supposed to be entertaining Baby Girl and her boyfriend for her birthday dinner tonight. On the menu is Parmesan Chicken Roulades with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Caesar Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm supposed to be e...)
Ohhh, the C@H favorite Chicken roulades??? Have not made that forever. Happy birthday to 'baby girl'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by cjs (Ohhh, the [url=mailt...)
Leftovers here. Was going to go to the store for some ribs because the weather is so nice, but with Pres. Obama here the roads are going to be a MESS! Shut downs, detours etc.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by DFen911 (Leftovers here. Was ...)
My, my, he sure is a busy little bee. Supposed to be down here, again, tomorrow for another fundraiser.

I'm in the mood for a burger but it's going to be 100 later and I'm not sure that Tony wants to stand outside grilling. Maybe a blackberry chocolate chip milkshake instead?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by Trixxee (My, my, he sure is a...)
Sounds like a winner, Trixxee!

I think he's on his way up here today???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by cjs (Sounds like a winner...)
He'll arrive in Seattle around 4:00, they've already closed roads and set up detours. Carylann's building close to the event, so she's leaving work early to avoid the hassle. The same thing happened last month when President Xi from China visited, but worse. He landed in Everett and his motorcade tied up traffic for 25 miles to and from Seattle.

Dinner is going to be the Essential steak with asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by losblanos1 (He'll arrive in Seat...)
Wow, the pizza with the Sweet Garlic chicken was outstanding and what a great repeat!! Plus a Cook once/eat twice bonus!

[Image: Oct%209%20Sweet%20Garlic%20chicken%20Piz...drnp0q.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by cjs (Wow, the pizza with ...)
That pizza looks so good, Jean!

Dinner was good. The kids liked it. I was sad, I kinda knew this, but I went with it anyway. In a recipe like this, fresh mozzarella just doesn't work as well as the block stuff. It melts away to almost nothing. But everyone was happy.

After dinner, we watched the kids prep their dinner for tomorrow night's annual camp out for Ashley's birthday party. Boyfriend, Jason, went all out to do something new. He usually does his Boy Scout chili, but not this time. (Yes, she actually snagged an EAGLE SCOUT! Now to get them married! They are about to surpass our dating record!). The menu will be revealed tomorrow. But the components I tasted tonight are making it look REALLY good! I'm excited! And yes, we are invited! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/9/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (That pizza looks so ...)
Oh, how fun that does sound Daphne!!
www.achefsjourney.com