Wednesday's Dinner, 10/7/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Have not a clue here....and, it's raining. Phew
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/7/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to make a pot of chicken noodle soup, garlic toast on the side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/7/15?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make a ...)
Jean, how did your waffle experiment work out?

We are going to have old school tacos tonight along with a bean dish that I'm hoping to find that we had for a review dinner a while back. Homemade guac to go with.

Wonder how Daphne is doing? The flooding in the Carolinas is really bad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/7/15?? by Mare749 (Jean, how did your w...)
The lake is still rising, but we were suffering a drought before all this rain. Plus, we didn't get quite as much as South Carolina got. We were slightly north of the rain bands for part of the time. Sadly, all the water pouring into the lake is headed south into SC to compound their problems. Over 20 inches of rain in a lot of places and now more from up here? Disastrous!

Tonight is Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine with a salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/7/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (The lake is still ri...)
There is something so wrong about seeing the sunny skies in your area, Daphne, and know the danger is still happening!

Oh, Maryann - the batter was still great!! I'm going to do this again in a couple of weeks and see how it lasts 3 or 4 days....

I know what we're having for dinner!! One of my newsletters which came in this a.m. advertising a pasta book I'm putting on my Christmas list - "The Four Seasons of Pasta," by Nancy Jenkins and her daughter, Sara.

Tuscan Wild Mushroom and Sausage Ragu with Sagna Riccia. I don't have Sagna Riccia pasta (but I did order 2 boxes this a.m. ), so I'll sub something.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/7/15?? by cjs (There is something s...)
The amount of water just looks crazy!

Jean, I had to look up what sagna ricci was and I actually have something very similar in the pantry - Tripoline 82 by Divella. The only difference I can make out from the pictures is mine only has ridges on one side, not both. And I used half a pack for a very similar dish you are making. Worked perfectly.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/7/15?? by Trixxee (The amount of water ...)
Aha! I'll look for the Tripoline 82 - thanks
www.achefsjourney.com