T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I doing a kind of stroganoff - with some of the mushroom soup I made yesterday and sauté some steak to add. Over rice or noodles.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Changed to grilled salmon for me, grilled mahi for Tony, both with an orange vinaigrette, yellow rice, asparagus.

Michael has asked for a rootbeer float and a hot dog from Der Weinerschnitzel after school today. Best deal in town - on Fridays the float is only $1.99.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by Trixxee (Changed to grilled s...)
Jean, is the mushroom soup recipe a new one?

We're going to the West Side Market, so will report back later what we decide to make. Sure got cold here.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by Mare749 (Jean, is the mushroo...)
It's a new soup we had at a football party last Sunday and I took the recipe home - it was delicious. BUT, the way the recipe was written, it was ridiculous and not what I had tasted. I played with it and added dried mushrooms, some thyme, tabasco, and more seasonings and now we like it a lot.

Don't know if the gal that gave it to me altered it and didn't note it or what, but I was pi$$ed and have thrown away the recipe and will keep some parts of the method and work on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by cjs (It's a new soup we h...)
Beef stroganoff today.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by losblanos1 (Beef stroganoff toda...)
A lot of beef stroganoff today! LOL!

In spite of the monsoon we are experiencing, we had steak night.

Lorraine, if you see this in time, I wish you guys best of luck! This system is a doozy! It is sucking up all that moisture from the hurricane! It seems endless! On the upside, we are able to dodge the winds from the hurricane because of this system. Our ground is so saturated, William believes every tree in the yard would have come down and destroyed our home. I'll take flooding over that, any day! I'll take "historic rain amounts"!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (A lot of beef stroga...)
Daphne,

Our weather station reports that we got almost 2 inches of rain. But the wind!! Geez, it was not so great doing the shopping yesterday!

Thank goodness Joaquin is headed out to sea. The Jersey Coast is getting flooded just from this system alone!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by BarbaraS (Daphne,[br][br]Our w...)
Here we go again with the fall/winter weather!! Hope all stay safe.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by cjs (Here we go again wit...)
It looks like the east coast was hit hard overnight. Lots of flooding reported. Myrtle Beach was mentioned. Daphne, did you have to evacuate?

Barbara, hope there wasn't too much wind damage by you. And what about Lorraine? Hope you are okay, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/2/15?? by Mare749 (It looks like the ea...)
No evacuating here. But it's still raining with more on the way! But the worst is when the rain moves off and all that water starts making its way toward the ocean. Thankfully, we haven't had any wind, like Barbara. Hang in there!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.