Thursday's Dinner, 10/1/15??
  Re: (...)
NO, OCTOBER???

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm sure glad I didn't make the potato soup yesterday, a friend brought over a huge bag of his potatoes last night, so will use them. And, I have 3 straggly zucchinis left on the plants, so probably something with them.

We've been so exhausted after long days of painting and emptying boxes now that the storage room is done (emptied 7 boxes yesterday!!), we've had bologna sandwiches for our later snacks 2 days in a row. No more of those for a while.

I don't know if this method will work, but I'm making piles as I unload the boxes -
yard sale stuff
catering equipment to sell
kitchen 'stuff' to be kept in the storage room (baking, smoking, not everyday things)
Entertaining dishes
Has to come in the house pile

We'll see how this works out. But, I'll tell you, it's like Christmas!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/1/15?? by cjs (NO, OCTOBER???[br][b...)
That sounds like a lot of fun. Wish we were that organized around here. Have you finished painting the house? Can't wait to see it!

No idea what's for dinner today. We are going to an Antique Mall that seems to be very popular. So we may just have something while we are out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/1/15?? by Mare749 (That sounds like a l...)
I got rid of a bunch of stuff yesterday only because I bought a bunch of new stuff at Pier One. Oh how I love that store.

Tonight it's the southwestern chicken burgers and Tony nixed the fries and wants potato salad from a local bbq joint instead. Works for me.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/1/15?? by Trixxee (I got rid of a bunch...)
No, not done yet, but almost half way!! What's so hard is the house sides are shingles and what a pain where the shingles aren't close together and I have to take the time to get between them!!! Aaargghhh.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/1/15?? by cjs (No, not done yet, bu...)
A paint sprayer works great on shingle siding.

I was going to make chicken piccata, but when I mentioned Chinese almond chicken, the piccata got kicked to the curb.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/1/15?? by losblanos1 (A paint sprayer work...)
We tried the sprayer, but the paint has to be watered down so much to go thru the sprayer, it takes forever to cover the house. But, I have a feeling Roy will use it on the high parts that I can't reach, 'cause he doesn't have the patience I'm showing by using a brush - which surprised me, because 'patience' sure is not my middle name!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/1/15?? by cjs (We tried the sprayer...)
Oooo, that does not sound like fun Jean!

Pizza pizza here.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/1/15?? by BarbaraS (Oooo, that does not ...)
I haven't felt very well today. Not sure if it was something I ate or what. Anyway, I have a big pot of chicken noodle soup going. It's rainy and VERY much cooler today, so this is perfect.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.