Monday's Dinner, 9/28/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I grabbed the little of the Pepper-Glazed Goat Cheese Gratin that was left yesterday and brought it home. I think I'll just build a charcuterie-type dinner around it. And, save my salmon for tomorrow.

Question for you all - October is almost here, which means holiday parties will be starting. Shall we start a Holiday Foods thread with new recipes we've tried recently so we don't duplicate all our favorites which are already on here??

(O.K., it has my vote, so guess I'll do it.... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/28/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I wonder if it will still be in the 80's and 90's come Thanksgiving?

We are having grilled mahi mahi tacos with an assortment of garnishes - mango avocado tomato relish, cilantro slaw, lime crema. Maybe some spanish rice on the side.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/28/15?? by Trixxee (I wonder if it will ...)
"I wonder if it will still be in the 80's and 90's come Thanksgiving?"

Braggart!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/28/15?? by cjs ("I wonder if it will...)
I dislike it immensely. $445 electric bills are no fun.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/28/15?? by Trixxee (I dislike it immense...)
I'm sure they aren't, Trixxee. Have to admit we have been blessed with the most gorgeous weather this past week. Sunny and mid 70's. Since Autumn is my favorite season, even the rainy days are tolerable.

We have a pork roast that Ron wants to cook on the charcoal grill. He will use an indirect method and a little bit of smoke. It put it in a brine, so it won't need any seasoning except for some pepper. Haven't decided on sides yet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/28/15?? by Mare749 (I'm sure they aren't...)
$445 ouch!

Today by request, it's filets with brandy mushroom sauce, baked potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/28/15?? by losblanos1 ($445 ouch![br][br]To...)
I like the cooler temps, but all this rain is making work impossible to accomplish. Survey equipment does not like rain!

Anyway, I'm thinking of making Zuppa Tuscano for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.