T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

All I did was cook yesterday, so want something to get me out of the kitchen today. I think it will be pizza - I want to try another of our cheeses we rec'd.

But my freezer 'pantry' is filling up. 2 batches of pesto, quart of chicken stock, 3 batches of roasted garlic plus ~1 cup of garlic oil. All in nice little packets to see me through.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Hurray! The new refrigerator arrived yesterday. We still need to figure out the most convenient way to arrange everything in it and then get used to having everything in different places, but so far, so good.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by labradors (Hurray! The new refr...)
Ron wants to go to the Rock Hall of Fame today, and I would like to go to the "Night Market" in Asiatown tonight. So, probably won't be cooking today.

http://www.rockhall.com/visit-the-museum/plan/

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/i...hines.html
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by Mare749 (Ron wants to go to t...)
Sounds like an exciting evening, Maryann!

Dinner tonight is Orange Glazed Salmon with lemon scented rice and garlicky green beans. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by Mare749 (Ron wants to go to t...)
But Labs if you organize it you'll never have the "What in the heck is this thing way in the back?! I looks like tennis ball found in a swamp"

Maryann I would love to go with you! What a neat thing to do

I'm doing a roasted pork sirloin roast with fingerling potatoes.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by DFen911 (But Labs if you orga...)
Does sound like a fun night!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by cjs (Does sound like a fu...)
I think it's going to be french dips and I'm also in the mood for pasta salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by Trixxee (I think it's going t...)
That sounds like a great day Maryann. Have fun.

I see French dips in my near future. Mmmm... love those.

Todays dinner is Coconut Chicken Culets with pepper jelly sauce and asparagus.
A big thank you to secret Santa Bill for the 'Pepper Passion Jelly'.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by losblanos1 (That sounds like a g...)
I’m sure ( ) I’ve never said this before, but I want to share with you the easiest and probably the best pizza I’ve ever made. I wanted to highlight one of the cheeses we rec’d from our cheese club ( igourmet.com ) – Renero Pecorino Stagionato ( you can order it here: http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/ReNero-Pe...ionato.asp
This is a pizza that can come together in about 15 minutes. Brush the pizza dough with garlic oil (if you have it), topped with a brushing of tomato based pizza sauce.

Combine 2 oz. each of shredded Mozzarella, cheddar & Swiss and sprinkle over the sauce. If you love candied jalapeno (you can use regular jalapeno, if desired), add a few of them. Now, for the knockout of finishing the pizza, use 2.8 (that’s all I had) shredded Renero Pecorino Stagionato cheese. That’s it – no meat and you know who didn’t even complain!!
[Image: Sept%2025%20Pecorino%20Pizza%201_zpsjvwcmdnb.jpg]

[Image: Sept%2025%20Pecorino%20Pizza%20sliced_zpsuh8ybvo1.jpg]

See the piece at ’11 o’clock’?? I grabbed that one first and wow, it was wonderful, so I probably should add more candied jalapenos next time…..
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/25/15?? by cjs (I’m sure ( [img]/ubb...)
That has me drooling, Jean. I will look for that cheese when I get back to the West Side Market. Maybe they will have it.

We ended up having BLT's and a cup of vegetable soup tonight. We had car trouble on the way downtown and needed to come back home to take care of it. So....no Rock Hall and no night market because we didn't feel like driving back down there. Going to try for Monday instead.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."