Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here. Have a refrigerator full of goodies from Costco to pkg. up.

Had a wonderful lunch yesterday at a new restaurant. no dinner needed
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
No idea yet either. Maybe something with seafood? Off for another run to Southport today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (No idea yet either. ...)
Chinese almond chicken with pork fried rice.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by losblanos1 (Chinese almond chick...)
Still on soft'ish foods here - am thinking about scrambled eggs, sausage patties and Pillsbury biscuits (that would be softer than any kind of toast).
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by Trixxee (Still on soft'ish fo...)
Happy, Happy here - we got the monthly cheese shipment today, and one of the three is Renero Pecorino Stagionato suggests Polenta. EDITED TO ADD: Piddle, wrong cheese - it is the one mentioned below to go with the polenta. Montasia

So I think I'll make a small batch of creamy polenta topped with a few (we each only have 2.8 oz. ) shavings on top and have with our leftover chicken Provencal. Wow, is this going to be good. AND, I have a couple slices of 18 hour bread left to dip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by cjs (Happy, Happy here - ...)
We had a neighbor visit us this morning………don’t know where he belongs.
[Image: Sept%2024%20PotBelly%20Pig_zpsmlbg933g.jpg]
Oh my, the polenta with the cheese club Montasio Oro Del Tempo By Perenzin was just wonderful with the chicken Provencal. And, of course, dunking the 18 hour bread in the jus.

[Image: Sept%2024%20Polenta%20Chix%20Provencal_zpsimxdlhnk.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by cjs (We had a neighbor vi...)
Your neighbor looks yummy! And so does your meal!

Andrew is coming to dinner, and I just made his favorite meal last night. Oh well, another favorite it will be.....Robbie's Chicken Pot Pie. This is one chicken dinner William will never pass up!

Must add, it is such a joy to finally be able to enjoy grocery shopping at a good grocery store. Since the one at Southport is so hard to get to, we have been passing it by. But the last few times, we have taken a new route that isn't much out of the way, and it takes us within two miles of a Lowes Food, which I LOVE! They had salmon on sale, so dinner tomorrow night is already planned and purchased!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Your neighbor looks ...)
Did you feed that little piggy so he would remember to stop by your house more often?

We had the best pizza ever tonight. I used a very wet focaccia style dough (cold ferment overnight) and "dressed" the pizzas on parchment paper. In the meantime, Ron heated up the pizza stone on the grill starting on low then increasing the heat to medium, for a good 20 minutes or so.

He also put a small chunk of hickory on the burner to give a bit of smoke flavor. Then, we tranferred the pizzas one at a time to the stone and cooked them with the lid closed for 8 minutes. Perfection!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by Mare749 (Did you feed that li...)
Lime shrimp with coconut rice.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/24/15?? by DFen911 (Lime shrimp with coc...)
That sounds good, Denise

Maryann, did you remove the pizzas from the parchment paper as you put on grill? I've been doing that periodically and it's funny how easy it is to slip the paper out from under the cooking pizza after a minute or two.
www.achefsjourney.com