Sunday Dinner, 8/23/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I'm thawing out ground beef, have no idea what I'll do with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/23/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Ron put a pork shoulder in the smoker so we will have that later coleslaw and fries or tots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/15?? by Mare749 (Ron put a pork shoul...)
Today is a favorite, tarragon cream chicken with asparagus. I've also prepped the overnight French toast for tomorrows dinner and I have two pot roasts slow cooking in the oven for future meals.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/15?? by losblanos1 (Today is a favorite,...)
Can go one of two ways - chicken marsala, pasta and salad, or something out of the last of the leftover pork roast. Have already done tacos and cubanos. I'll let Tony put his thinking cap on.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/15?? by Trixxee (Can go one of two wa...)
Blane, the cornflake French Toast??

If so, it freezes very well! Just this morning I defrosted a few pieces in the microwave for a minute or so and stuck in the oven on a rack and heated thru. Tasted fresh!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/15?? by cjs (Blane, the cornflake...)
I thought you had made these, Blane - Hamburguesa Tortas!! I just made up the patties to cook tomorrow and man, do they smell good - raw!

Hamburguesa Tortas

Had a perfect size zucc to stuff in the garden, so will save the beef for tomorrow.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/15?? by cjs (I thought you had ma...)
Jean, The French toast that I made is called 'Baked Blueberry French Toast' from a Cuisine holiday cookbook. The Hamburguesa was awesome, I'd like to know what you think of it.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/15?? by losblanos1 (Jean, The French toa...)
Had some mushrooms I needed to use before the refrigerator ruins them (still awaiting the new fridge), so I made Jägerschnitzel.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/15?? by labradors (Had some mushrooms I...)
We have been very happy with the blackned Mahi Mahi we have had at restaurants. In the store the meat is darker than it appears cooked. We are used to snapper, cod, Chilean Sea Bass, flounder, etc and love them at 17$ to 22$ /pound. The Mahi Mahi is 7$. Worth a try don't you think? Tonight we wifi give them a try.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/15?? by Old Bay (We have been very ha...)
Oh Bill! Mahi Mahi is one of my favorites!

I went REALLY old school tonight! I had flounder left over from the Picatta the other night, and Mom had given me some fresh baby red potatoes. I have a bunch of onions from the onion strings that haven't happened yet. I didn't want to go to the store.

Anyway, one of my daddy's favorite steak sides was foil wrapped potatoes and onions. Early in my childhood, my mother used to bake a whole flounder over a bed of potatoes and onions with bay leaves and "stuff". So I did my daddy's potatoes and onions packets tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. I topped each packet with a flounder fillet dressed simply with salt and pepper and a few pats of butter. Andrew wanted Caesar Salad with it. It was delicious! And it brought a few tears along the way. But in a happy way. My daddy would have LOVED IT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.