T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I have leftover braised pork pieces, so maybe tacos. Sounds good to me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Cubano sandwiches.

Trying to figure out what to make for Sat and Sun too so I just have to make one trip to the store today. I try to avoid grocery stores on the weekend, especially this one - the one before school starts. Bedlam.

Edited to add I have my dinners sorted out for the weekend - grilled sockeye salmon with "orzo with everything" pasta salad, and chicken marsala over angel hair with a green salad. One less thing on my to do list.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by Trixxee (Cubano sandwiches. ...)
Ashley wants us to try a new thing. She is picking up a Papa Murphey's take and bake pizza.

Speaking of the weekend, Ashley has picked out so many new dishes, but I'm not allowed to cook any of them tomorrow since she isn't going to be home! LOL! Now I'm stuck to find something old for us! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Ashley wants us to t...)
Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun meals in your future, Daphne. I was planning to do the same thing when I purchased the Cuisine DVD and never did. Going to carve out some time for myself this weekend and do some menu planning of my own.

Tonight we are taking my in-laws to a local restaurant that they have always enjoyed for what we hope will be a fun evening for them. We have gorgeous weather and the restro has an outdoor patio.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by Mare749 (Sounds like you are ...)
Game hens with a blackberry sauce, homemade biscuits and not sure on a veggie yet.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by DFen911 (Game hens with a bla...)
Maryann, nothing quite as enjoyable as a good meal on a restaurant patio with gorgeous weather...

I'm marinating pork tenderloin in a Vietnamese marinade to grill on skewers, will probably use this in a "bowl meal" with rice noodles and topped with a lettuce/ cuke/ pickled carrot salad
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by foodfiend (Maryann, nothing qui...)
wow, this clean the fridge filling for tacos/burritos is tasting great, but I'll never be able to duplicate!!

the pork sautéed with slivered cabbage, onions (were braised with the pork), corn, peppadews and I have rice cooking and I'll add a little for 'healthy'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by cjs (wow, this clean the ...)
I'm making a new recipe from issue #101, Roast Beef Dinner with horseradish-caper sauce and mashed potatoes with beef gravy.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by losblanos1 (I'm making a new rec...)
The pizza turned out good! They make their own dough daily. It turned out nice and thin and a little crispy. It comes on a special pan that you can bake it on. I used my pizza griddle and preheated it at 425. Slide pizza in its pan on griddle for 10, then slide the pizza onto the griddle to crisp the crust for 3. Dinner couldn't get any easier. What a great way to give Mom the night off! And they have a deal on Friday nights for a one topping pizza (large) for $5 (other nights is still only $7)! I'll do it again!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.Dinner, 821/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (The pizza turned out...)
These are great for hectic nights. I like to get the plainest possible and just add goodies at home.
www.achefsjourney.com