Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

This whole week has been catch as catch can meals and today continues. Yesterday I grabbed a handful of sauce packets and mixed with a large batch of pasta to see us thru a couple/three dinners. So, we'll work on that. But, with the garden going so great we will have another green salad.

Today, we have a propane stove (for heat) being installed. The one here is so old, we couldn't get parts for it, so that'll tear up the house while I bake the 3rd batch of cookies around them for a Naval event I'm doing Saturday in Bremerton.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, what kind of cookies are you making? I found a recipe for peanut butter cookies that I might make with Alyssa and Tommy today. It calls for chunky peanut butter and ground salted peanuts.

I'm having dinner out with my childhood girlfriends tonight. We're going to try a new place in the neighborhood that is getting good reviews. Ron is going to grill himself a steak.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by Mare749 (Jean, what kind of c...)
Have fun Maryann.

Today it's grilled steak with choron sauce, potato confit and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by losblanos1 (Have fun Maryann.[br...)
Jean, I can sympathize with living in your house with major remodeling going on! Good luck!

Have fun Maryann!

We are having the Flounder Piccata with Lemon Spinach Orzo from Issue 103. Of course, I'll be using catfish though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by losblanos1 (Have fun Maryann.[br...)
Blane's Cubano sandwich looked so good yesterday that I'm thinking of attempting that.

Edited to add, today I'll roast a pork shoulder and serve with black beans and rice and tomorrow I'll turn the leftovers into the sandwiches.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by Trixxee (Blane's Cubano sandw...)
Maryann, I've made peanut butter, c@h's choc. chip with Rice Krispies and Molasses (sp? - I'm stuck outside ) and I'm madly signing cookbooks and inserting bus. cards in each. Have absolutely no idea how many to take.
Have fun on your night out!

Another day when everything sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by cjs (Maryann, I've made p...)
Derek's taking me out for dinner, but won't tell me where.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by DFen911 (Derek's taking me ou...)
Have fun, Denise!

It's the first week of school, so dinner has been pretty haphazard. TOnight we had a cocktail with neighbors and when the rain arrived we went inside and had quesadillas.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by karyn (Have fun, Denise! [b...)
Karyn, I feel for you!

I hope you share, Denise! Have fun!

Dinner was awesome, as expected!

[Image: 45311626-4435-4F77-87F6-7947FD87A8E9.jpg][/URL]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/19/15 by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, I feel for yo...)
That looks delicious, Daphne!!

And then there was one......schoolteacher. Hang on Karyn.
www.achefsjourney.com