Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner today??

Not a clue here yet. fridge is pretty empty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
Took a package of lumpia out of the freezer for tonight. Now there's only one package left in the freezer, so I'll have to make more again, soon.

Even though they were deep fried, it has worked out very well to freeze them and then to reheat them in the toaster-oven, so it's really nice to have a big batch of them ready to go.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by labradors (Took a package of lu...)
do you have my address?????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by cjs (do you have my addr...)
Putting a chicken in the smoker
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by cjs (do you have my addr...)
I cooked up a pork shoulder on Sunday just for today's dinner, Cubanos with tots or fries. Now I''m off to look up Lumpia.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by losblanos1 (I cooked up a pork s...)
Leaning towards grilled cheeseburgers. Weather has calmed down considerably.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by Trixxee (Leaning towards gril...)
Blane, lumpia are Filipino spring rolls / egg rolls. There are fresh ones and deep-fried ones. The recipe I make - Lumpiang Shanghai - have a pork-and-shrimp (or I use just pork) filling and are deep fried. I use filling recipe #1 at that link and buy the wrappers from the supermarket. At the time I wrote that post, I was in Honduras and none of the stores had any of the wrappers, so I included the wrapper recipe, as well, but still have never made the wrappers, since one store did start carrying the rice-paper wrappers. Usually the more "pasta-like" wrappers would be used for the deep-fried lumpia and the rice-paper wrappers would be used for the fresh lumpia, but they worked out. Now that I'm back in the States, I can get the regular wrappers. Either way, lumpia are delicious and well worth the work.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by labradors (Blane, lumpia are Fi...)
Thanks Rob. I may have to make those for my MIL, she's Filipino and it could bring up fond memories of her time growing up on Panay Island in the Philippines.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by losblanos1 (Thanks Rob. I may ha...)
Instant Favorite son-in-law!!!! Be careful, like the cornflake French toast - they are additive!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/18/15?? by cjs (Instant Favorite son...)
You could also make Banana Ketchup, Adobo, Sinigang or Sans Rival.