Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm repeating the Asian Pork Skewers (from Maryann's 2012 B'day dinner), but with steak again. We loved that one and the changeup makes it fodder for another cookbook.

Also, I'm choosing a review diner this a.m. stay tuned.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Still warm here - as a matter of fact too warm to stand in the sun and grill. I'm going to pick up some fresh "everything" bagels from the "good" bagel store and just make egg salad sandwiches and a fruit salad.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15?? by Trixxee (Still warm here - as...)
I'm making the Lasagna al Forno that Ashley picked out from the Perfect Pasta book.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm making the Lasag...)
Chicken satay is on the menu with pineapple rice.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15?? by losblanos1 (Chicken satay is on ...)
darn, Blane! I have p.apple rice in the freezer and didn't think of it before I made a cabbage/ramen salad. Think I'll add it anyway.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15?? by cjs (Damn, Blane! I have ...)
WHEW! That lasagna is almost as massive as the 10 layer one we all love. There is a pound of almost every ingredient except the marinara! I used Jean's recipe instead of the one in the magazine and doubled it. There's maybe half a batch left? WOW!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (WHEW! That lasagna ...)
Good Lord! Which army is coming to dinner???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15?? by cjs (Good Lord! Which arm...)
Kids get lunch for tomorrow, and we get a couple of lunches for future. I'll freeze in individual servings.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/17/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Kids get lunch for t...)
I made chipotle-spiced shrimp tacos tonight, quick and easy (and light for such a hot day).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com