Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Have to get back in routine of things - not sure here.

A memento from the wedding - What a cutie Airien is and he was so proud to be a groomsman.
[Image: Aug201420Airien20wedding_zpsaw0nvvba.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony's Italian side is coming out - he's making some kind of fancy stuffed braciole with marinara sauce and bowties on the side.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by Trixxee (Tony's Italian side ...)
O.K., I have my menu in place.
First up - a dish I haven't made since Oct. 30, 1994!! Shrimp and Feta cheese sauce a la Grecque - I think an old B.A. or Cuisine recipe.

And, later, I have l/o salmon, so I'll make Mini-Crab cake sliders with it in place of the crab. (from I Have LETOVERS)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by cjs (O.K., I have my menu...)
Just made some Zucchini and Broccoli Soup.

Mom had frozen some whole zucchini a while back and we'd been forgetting to use it. Since there was also quite a bit of broccoli in the fridge, as well as chicken broth left over from when I cooked the Chicken Tinga and vegetable stock from when I made some of Erin's famous Cream of Green Bean Soup, this was a good way to combine it all together and put everything to use.

Delicious!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by labradors (Just made some [url=...)
LEFTOVER MAGIC works again!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by cjs (LEFTOVER MAGIC works...)
That really sounds delicious, Labs. I'm glad someone else enjoys soup in the warm weather besides me. I find it's a perfect meal if it's not too heavy.

We are putting steaks on the grill later along with some veggies.

Airien is adorable, Jean! Bet he got a lot of hugs yesterday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by Mare749 (That really sounds d...)
Yes he did and he even smiled thru them.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by cjs (Yes he did and he ev...)
Awwwww! He is still adorable! Even if he is growing too fast!!!

We are doing burgers. Andrew wants mac and cheese to go with. I was going to do onion strings, but I'm thinking I may back out. I don't have a mandolin, and cutting the onions in half to be able to use the food processor doesn't seem like the way to go.

But I did make William's more coconut broth. After considerable research, I confirmed that both ginger and coconuts (in any form) have health benefits that he needs. We are isolating them for further testing so he can have more variety. But for now, I made the recipe times four, so now he has plenty in the fridge to warm a cup up for a pick me up during the day.

Oh, and a heads up if you didn't know this. When working with the peppers for this broth last Friday, I forgot to wash my hands before touching my face...even after reminding Ashley to do so. DUH! Anyway, I researched online about a remedy and one suggestion was applying oil. I have lots of coconut oil for William's scar tissue, so I tried that. Worked like a charm!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Awwwww! He is still...)
Coconut broth sounds interesting, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/16/15?? by cjs (Coconut broth sounds...)
For those of you who like 'seafood' cakes/patties, I subbed salmon for crab in my sliders last night and it works very well. I don't often have enough salmon leftover to work with, but this was a large one.

Salmon sliders
[Image: Aug%2016%20Slamon%20Sliders_zpskqkru3gr.jpg]

and, I didn't think I had a picture of the beef satay, but just found it - these were so darn good!
Beef Satay
[Image: Aug%2013%20Beef%20Satays_zpswrvplksr.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com