Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm going to do something with strips of steak - skewers, but I don't know which direction I'll go. Probably some coleslaw. Need to use up fresh things - we're taking off for Grandson's wedding tomorrow.

Can't believe this kid is finally getting married! And, great-grandson, Airien, will be one of the groomsmen. So excited to see him - it's been over a year.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are trying the Grilled Cilantro Fish in Coconut Broth with Thai Mango Salad from the Cuisine for Two (shrimp cover) page 64-65. The cooking new foods adventure continues! Ashley is hopeful it is similar to a dish she has tried at a restaurant before. I am nervous. We shall see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (We are trying the Gr...)
That sounds really good Daphne, I can't wait to hear how it tastes.

Today it's Fish Burgers with onion rings.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by losblanos1 (That sounds really g...)
Blane, I'd love to hear about your fish burgers. William is craving seafood lately.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, I'd love to h...)
Daphne, I love those 2 recipes and repeat them often (in the summer, they're so tropical-feeling!).

I'm alone tonight for dinner! Alone, alone, by myself, alone!!! Woo Hoo!!! After being joined at the hip with my D,DH for what seems like years, he is going out with his nephew tonight and I can make something that I love and he does not-- chicken breast stuffed with artichokes and goat cheese, in a lemon/ white wine sauce. And some of those haricot verts.

It seems like we've been planning, building, packing, traveling, unpacking, more traveling, more packing... for SO long that we never had any time apart. Not that I want to spend a LOT of time apart, but I'm sure that you all get my drift... And now, things are finally slowing down a bit.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by foodfiend (Daphne, I love those...)
Pizza, pizza, pizza! My sister-in-law badly needs an evening away from the parents, so invited her over by herself so she can relax a bit. She loves my pizza, thanks to Jean!

And, speaking of Jean...best wishes for the newlyweds! Have a wonderful time with your family and safe travels.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by Mare749 (Pizza, pizza, pizza!...)
Thanks Maryann! Anxious to see them all. Tracie is sick again, but hope she can still enjoy the weekend.....

Vicci - I used to bottle at the winery with Roy, but now I've told the winemaker (good friend) that I'm not coming anymore because that's the only time my 'hip mate' is
un-joined!!!!

Daphne, your dinner sounds wonderful! Speaking of fish burgers/cakes, have you ever tried page 49 of 'I Have Leftovers'????? (just sayin')
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by cjs (Thanks Maryann! Anxi...)
Oh, what a shame! I hope that Tracie feels better by the weekend and can enjoy the wedding.

I would like to hear about Blane's fish burgers too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by Mare749 (Oh, what a shame! I ...)
The fish burgers are beer battered & deep fried cod on a toasted hamburger bun with shredded iceberg lettuce. I top with either a chipotle mayo or tarter sauce.

Fish taco burger.

[Image: 4_zps9m269jkw.jpg]

Fish burger with tarter sauce.

[Image: 2_zps51k0gn8v.jpg]
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by losblanos1 (The fish burgers are...)
Every time I see one of Blane's burgers I want to get a fryer - but I did get a catfish po'boy last night to stave off the purchase. Edited to add: also got onion rings as my "side".

My mom had a sleepover with Michael and two of his cousins last night so we are meeting them near her house at an italian restaurant so we can all eat dinner together and then take him home.

They have the best creamy garlic salad dressing. Not sure what else to get - maybe all share a few pizzas. I'm open, but I do want the salad.