Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm grilling ribs and since I've found a source for Ozette potatoes, I'm using up the last of my hoard.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Grilling stuffed poblano's and pineapple rice.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by DFen911 (Grilling stuffed pob...)
I'm making the peanut butter crunch French toast recipe that Jean shared. Thanks Jean.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by losblanos1 (I'm making the peanu...)
We're all in trouble now with this recipe!! ) Hope you enjoy it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by cjs (We're all in trouble...)
Last night everybody had had a long hot day, so we all agreed to make use of various favorite leftovers. So the Balsamic Pork Tnderloin is on for tonight. Thanks to Jean, I'm going to try my hand at frying my cheesy grits. We shall see. At least we'll have salad on the side if they don't work out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Last night everybody...)
Oh hell, it frying doesn't work out, just smoush it up and add a topping and you all will be happy!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by cjs (Oh hell, it frying d...)
We're grilling, too. Tonight it's lemon-parsley chicken breasts with grilled veggies as a side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by karyn (We're grilling, too....)
We had a "chef" salad for dinner with so much stuff on/in it that it was a meal all by itself.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by Mare749 (We had a "chef" sala...)
Those are so good, Maryann! The Brown Derby Salad we had the other night was like that! Soooo good!

As for our dinner....

The pork and sauce was definitely a 9. I liked the grapes, but Ashley and William didn't care for them.

[Image: ec794aa8fcfed940fbe728d67069c8d8.jpg]

The Fried Cheesy Grit Cakes worked. I used an egg, flour, egg, Panko crust. I crusted them about thirty minutes before frying and put them on a rack in the fridge to set before frying. I used a about two tablespoons each of Olive Oil and butter. Lesson learned...they needed to be a little thinner. But it worked! The crust was perfect!

[Image: a56537f5376d6d712ea4a44df8621a91.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/12/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Those are so good, M...)
Wonderful!! Welcome back to playing with your food, Lady!!

I love a Chef's salad - should add to 'the list' (and stuffed poblanos!!)
www.achefsjourney.com