I Love Amazon!!
  Re: (...)
In the 70s I collected the Time-Life World Cooking (or something like that) Series. I learned to give dinner parties using them.

One that old friends believe it or not still mention was the recipe for Coquilles St. Jacques from the Provincial French book. Fast forward, what 40+ years and on the 28 of Aug. a group of us are doing a seafood dinner and when I mentioned this dish, everyone wants to try it.

The books are in storage and I have no idea where!! So I've been searching everywhere - online, old forum postings, my save on the computer..... nada.

Then I checked out Amazon and lo and behold - a used one for $ .50!!!!! I'd have paid $25.00 for it! And, it will be her by the 20th with plenty of time. Wow, this just blows me away. So, I will have a copy to send to someone after we get unpacked!!

THE BOOK
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I Love Amazon!! by cjs (In the 70s I collect...)
Yep. And for an even broader search, that includes Amazon, remember bookfinder.com.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I Love Amazon!! by labradors (Yep. And for an even...)
I have them on a list somewhere, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Love Amazon!! by cjs (I have them on a lis...)
I'm glad you found it, Jean! But what IS the dish?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Love Amazon!! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm glad you found i...)
Yummy scallops, Daphne.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I Love Amazon!! by Mare749 (Yummy scallops, Daph...)
Scallops topped with a creamy wine sauce, toast crumbs and broiled- served in a scallop shell. 'coquille' is French for shell.

It's gone out of fashion over the years, but it really is a classic.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Love Amazon!! by cjs (Scallops topped with...)
Oh my, that does sound good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Love Amazon!! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my, that does sou...)
Jean, are those the books that Roxanne used to talk about all the time?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I Love Amazon!! by Mare749 (Jean, are those the ...)
No, I don't think so. I think what she has (and I have also) are The Beautiful Books from around the world.

The series I'm talking about came with a hard-cover 'beautiful' book plus a spiral bound smaller book with all the recipes. (the larger book also had some of the reipes)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Love Amazon!! by cjs (No, I don't think so...)
Jean, I just finished reading 2 books by Elizabeth Bard-- "Lunch in Paris" and "Picnic in Provence" and your post reminded me that I wanted to recommend these to you all. Creative nonfiction with recipes-- what could be more fun???
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com