Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15??
  Re: (...)
Jean must be busy or temporarily out of contact, so I'll kick off today's dinner thread with Chicken Vindaloo.

What's everyone else having?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by labradors (Jean must be busy or...)
Freezer diving and came up with something labeled "mexican beef". Not sure what it is - Tony made it - he thinks it might be a chile colorado type thing so we'll make burritos out of whatever it is.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by Trixxee (Freezer diving and c...)
Today it's one of my favorite Cuisine at Home recipes, Coconut Marinated Chicken Skewers with pineapple rice.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by losblanos1 (Today it's one of my...)
Not sure yet, will probably make something that has great leftovers so tomorrows dinner is easy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by DFen911 (Not sure yet, will p...)
Sorry - didn't see this post when I stated the other one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by cjs (Sorry - didn't see t...)
Quote:

Sorry - didn't see this post when I stated the other one.

Check your moderator tools. There's usually something to let you merge two threads.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm trying, but I'll probably lose one................

Screw it -
me - "I did have a dinner planned, but a friend came over yesterday with a basket of the neatest potatoes. So we're having a champagne brunch - fried Ozette potatoes and bacon (darn, I have no duck fat in the freezer ). It's been a long time and no machine work is needed today, so Roy can join me

Ozette Fingerling Potatoes "

Blane - "That sounds like a fun meal Jean.

Today it's one of my favorite Cuisine at Home recipes, Coconut Marinated Chicken Skewers with pineapple rice. "

me - "Well, the brunch is on hold. Roy stopped at the store for fruit to go with brunch.....while there (probably walking thru bakery area) he forgot (?) we were having brunch and bought a goodie to sneak on the way home. Dingaling. "

Carry on!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by cjs (I'm trying, but I'll...)
Oh my Lord, what a dinner we had!!
[Image: Aug%204%20Thai%20Coconut%20Alligator_zpsrfxz4riz.jpg]

Smothered Louisiana Alligator over Fried Rice
(infused with Thai Ginger broth and coconut cream)

a recipe adapted from a Louisiana Seafood promotion and marketing board. Wow this is good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by cjs (Oh my Lord, what a d...)
Oh my, Jean! You know I'm jealous, right?

I have tasked Ashley to search through my Cuisine Library for dinner ideas, and she has come through again this week. Funny, two meals were chosen to remind her that she wanted Chili Dogs, but with my chili. The other is fried bone in pork chops with rice, gravy, and green beans. The hot dogs are on for tonight. We had a late day in the city for another appointment, so this was fast and easy. We had a really nice lunch at a new to us restaurant. I had my beloved shrimp and grits, and William had his all time favorite Reuben. We both had a small salad, also. So only one dog for me later and maybe a few fries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 8/4/15?? by cjs (Oh my Lord, what a d...)
We had Blane's birthday dinner tonight, so I won't comment on the entree. I was going to do grilled asparagus as well, but the asparagus at Sprouts was so tired that I changed my mind and bought some beautiful Brussels sprouts.

We tossed them with EVOO and S & P then grilled them (a bit too much, but John was happy), then tossed them with Parmesan and drizzled hot honey over the mess. Delicious!!

It was my first attempt at hot honey , but I'll be using it more in the future. I'll probably play with the chilis I use. I thought the jalapeno from my garden was more veggie tasting than I wanted.