T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15??
  Re: (...)
Lordy, the months are just flying by!! What's on the menu for all today??

I have some cooked chicken in the freezer, think we'll just have that and maybe make a couple of side salads to last us a few days thru this northwest heat wave we're having.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by cjs (Lordy, the months ar...)
We are headed out for another quick camping trip (hopefully not as quick as the last one as we left 3 days early to come home because of the relentless rain).

My sister coincidentally will be at the same beach as the campground's so we'll meet them on the sand around 4:00 for a late afternoon picnic of sandwiches, beer, wine, smashball, frisbee and a blue moon.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by Trixxee (We are headed out fo...)
Grilling pizza's. Suppose to be hotter today than yesterday and we hit 106. So the stove is remaining off
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by DFen911 (Grilling pizza's. Su...)
I'm doing the Peppercorn-Crusted London Broil with Port Wine Sauce and Horseradish Mashed Potatoes from Issue 71. It's really for an eye of round for roast beef, but I got a good deal on a London Broil, so I'm using that instead.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing the Pepper...)
I made Italian sausage with peppers and onions and buttermilk bread to take over to my dad, so we will probably have the same here unless Ron wants a side of spaghetti instead of the bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by Mare749 (I made Italian sausa...)
Another day where everyone is having fun and eating great food.

Daphne, have you made that before? It sounds really good.

Have a great trip Trixxee. Is it still called camping when you are sleeping in that incredible motorhome? How big was that new TV? Me==> Jealous.

I'm with you Denise, it's just too hot to cook indoors, I'm grilling steaks and asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by losblanos1 (Another day where ev...)
I'd eat with any of you tonight!

My son requested mole negro enchiladas, so I spent a few hours chopping, grinding, frying & straining and have enough mole sauce to last a while. I'm so glad that it makes a lot, 'cuz its a real pain to make, but we now have a lot of easy dinner ahead of us.

It's hot here, too, but I really love summer!!!!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by karyn (I'd eat with any of ...)
Made some pulled pork, but didn't have any cabbage for coleslaw, so I substituted and made "lettuce slaw," instead. It was excellent.

That's the third time I've done that, now, so it looks like the idea is here to stay. We don't always have cabbage on hand, but we usually do have lettuce for salads, so it's quick and easy to throw together some shredded lettuce, some grated carrot, some mayonnaise and some salt and pepper and it goes very well with pulled pork, sloppy joes and the like.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by labradors (Made some pulled por...)
No, Blane, I had never made it. It turned out really well! We gave it two 10s and a 9+. I'm not sure which part was the best. It all went together nicely.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/31/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (No, Blane, I had nev...)
Labs, I find I have to sub lettuce for cabbage and vice versa quite often. And, I agree, it's more than fine!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com