Monday's Dinner, 7/27/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not a clue here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/27/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony's gone again to San Diego for a few days so now is the time for me to take advantage of eating light. Probably some baked sockeye salmon and chopped salad with avocado, tomatoes and cucumbers. Did you know that both tomatoes and cucumbers are natural diuretics in case you are one who tends to retain water now and again. Michael wants french toast and bacon again.

I've been wanting to try a salmon idea I saw on FB from Bonefish Grill. Grilled salmon topped with sauteed spinach with garlic, then top with crumbled bacon and bleu cheese crumbles. Will save that for another day.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/27/15?? by Trixxee (Tony's gone again to...)
I'm trying a new egg foo yung recipe

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Egg-Foo-Yung
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/27/15?? by losblanos1 (I'm trying a new egg...)
the tapas in #112 are calling my name, so I think I'll play with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/27/15?? by cjs (the tapas in #112 ar...)
That sounds good Blane - let me know how it turns out. I haven't made Egg Foo Yung in well over a year.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/27/15?? by Trixxee (That sounds good Bla...)
Trixxee, I've decided to make my tried and true egg foo yung instead. I was going to omit a few ingredients from the Saveur recipe, it wouldn't be the same.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/27/15?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, I've decide...)
No problem Blane. But now I have it on my mind so I want to make some version of it tomorrow - probably with char sui pork. Would that be weird? Would pick up an appetizer of chinese ribs at my favorite restaurant to use - would just debone them.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/27/15?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, I've decide...)
Bits and pieces for me tonight. I had a little bit of fillet from last night with a dab of cab sauce and a dab of port sauce (that I combined and really enjoyed), 3 dry scallops that I quickly seared and a really fresh summer squash and a little zuke. Perfect clean out the fridge dinner. On Va-K and the livin's easy!
PJ