Cauliflower-Crust Pizza: The next step
  Re: (...)
After making the Cauliflower-Crust Pizza, the other night, I had a little of the "riced" cauliflower left, but no more sauce or mozzarella.

Originally, I had considered getting more cheese, etc., but I decided to experiment a bit.

One thing that kept sticking in my mind was the fact that the pizza recipe referred to the food-processed cauliflower as "riced."

Since the amount of cauliflower that I already had "riced" was only enough for about one of the pizzas, I went ahead and processed more - this time, using some chicken stock in the microwave-cooking step.

After that, I added some leftover chicken, leftover gravy, cooked mushrooms, par-cooked broccoli and sautéed onions, then baked it all as a "chicken-and-'rice'" casserole.

It was excellent! This turned out to be a great way to make something low carb (indeed: no pasta and no rice) and it tasted great!

Now I'll have to try this substitution in other rice recipes (although I doubt it would work with risotto).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Cauliflower-Crust Pizza: The next step by labradors (After making the [ur...)
What a great way to 'repurpose' (as Chopped says...) an ingredient.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cauliflower-Crust Pizza: The next step by cjs (What a great way to ...)
Pretty amazing all the things you can do with cauliflower. We really liked the pizza and not just for the low carb value either. Your new dish sounds good, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cauliflower-Crust Pizza: The next step by Mare749 (Pretty amazing all t...)
Good idea, Labs! My friend's Olive Garden Soup subs cauliflower for rice and we love it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cauliflower-Crust Pizza: The next step by Gourmet_Mom (Good idea, Labs! My...)
Cool, Daphne. Which of the soups is that? Could you post the recipe (or a link thereto), please?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cauliflower-Crust Pizza: The next step by labradors (Cool, Daphne. Which ...)
Here it is, Labs! If you give it a try, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. As hot as it is, I'm still tempted to make it. But I'm afraid my family would think I'm crazy! LOL

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...true#Post160026
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.