T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/24/15??
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/24/15?? by labradors (Mom has been asking ...)
She's hooked!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/24/15?? by cjs (She's hooked! [img]/...)
Change of plans for dinner. I took my dad shopping today and we picked up some wild sockeye salmon. So, making dinner for him and we will have grilled salmon, rice and peas, and a crunchy salad. Fresh peaches for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/24/15?? by Mare749 (Change of plans for ...)
We had a 2 pm appointment and a late lunch after, including a dessert. The restaurant is called Sweet and Savory. They make their own bread for sandwiches, sell their breads, and have sweet baked goods. I had a grilled chicken sandwich #California (provolone, lettuce, tomato, bacon, avocado) with house made chips topped with the best Key Lime Bar I ever ate!!! He had a salad and a Reuben with chips topped off with a pecan pie tart. We will go back!

Since we didn't finish lunch until 4, we considered that dinner. I got a number of errands completed while there, including a major sweep through a great grocery tour of some major sale items..including two huge packs of Italian sausage for sausage, peppers and onions tomorrow and 4 pounds of clams for Flexing "clams" for Sunday dinner.

A side note, I have discovered a new deal...buy two, get three free. I got five packs of giant chicken breasts for the price of two! WOW! There were other great deals, but this was the most astounding! My freezing unit is very full and happy right now!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.