Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Unless I get more inspired, I think I'll just make a Ramen noodle Broccoli salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Review dinner was rained out last night. Not sure if I should even try to plan it for tonight since it's rainy again today.

If it doesn't clear up, I'm going to do something with garlic shrimp, maybe over angel hair and fresh asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by Mare749 (Review dinner was ra...)
Looks like patty melts since there is rye bread to utilize. I might get really crazy and add a couple of tomato slices to mine.

I don't know why I can't remember this - is 1000 Island dressing generally added to a patty melt or is that just for a Reuben?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by Mare749 (Review dinner was ra...)
Vegetarian night here. Stuffed crook neck squash since I got a beauty from the garden this morning
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by DFen911 (Vegetarian night her...)
Classic Patty melts are usually with no dressing, but what the heck - sounds good to me.

Neener, Neener, Denise - I have a squash 'almost' ready to pick - of course it's the size of my pinkie, but...............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by cjs (Classic Patty melts ...)
I'm making one of our favorites today, Chinese almond chicken with lotus blossom gravy.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by losblanos1 (I'm making one of ou...)
Looks like the review dinner is a go!

Blane, what is lotus blossom gravy?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by Mare749 (Looks like the revie...)
Maryann, it's Heinz chicken gravy with a little soy sauce added. I make up a new name for it every time that I make it. Last time it was 'mysterious Chinese gravy'.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by losblanos1 (Maryann, it's Heinz ...)
That's too funny, Blane!

I found some beautiful tri-tip at the store, so we're having the tri-tip and red grape and arugula salad from the latest C@H.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/8/15?? by losblanos1 (Maryann, it's Heinz ...)
Quote:

Maryann, it's Heinz chicken gravy with a little soy sauce added. I make up a new name for it every time that I make it. Last time it was 'mysterious Chinese gravy'.

I thought that's what you were doing!!