Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today??

For breakfast, I'm trying a dessert 'pizza' using flour tortillas - I've found I don't dessert pizzas using regular pizza dough because they seem too bready. Hope this works, they will be easy, fast and (fingers crossed) delicious.

I have a new quest in life - a couple whom we've gotten very close with present a challenge to me every time we get together. He is diabetic and religiously watches what he eats. Never touches desserts. I want him to be included in the whole dinner, so I'm trying to come up with ideas he can try also.

Dessert cheese & fruit plates are my first choice and we all love them, but I'd like to branch out a little. I made a blueberry coulis yesterday with no sugar, but added a little Crème de Cassis...tastes really good. We'll see from there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I will be very interested in what you come up with, Jean, as we have a close friend who is also diabetic and I'm always wondering what to make when we get together.

Not sure about dinner today. Weather forecast is calling for rain (again!) all day. Thinking of going furniture shopping and if we do, there is a really good bar/restaurant close by.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by Mare749 (I will be very inter...)
I love furniture shopping Maryann but find I need a glass of wine after. LOL!

Well, I splurged on a bunch of seafood to make cioppino. I don't know that we've ever made it before and if we have, it's been years.

I got mussels, clams, jumbo scallops, key west pink shrimp and a couple of small king crab legs to top it off with. I hope it turns out good. Served with some garlic toast.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by Trixxee (I love furniture sho...)
I think that is the main reason it's such a popular little bar, Trixxee. We have spent quite a bit of time there "thinking things over".

Cioppino sounds delicious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by Mare749 (I think that is the ...)
Yes to the fun of furniture buying and the glass of wine to seal the deals!!

Cioppino does sound good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by cjs (Yes to the fun of fu...)
It's going to be another hot and humid day, so CA is going to make something light, Andouille sausage frittata and I'm making that fruit salad that goes with the stuffed peppers that Trixxee made, asparagus also.

ETA: I'm making a shrimp, avocado and mango salad with green goddess dressing for lunch.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by losblanos1 (It's going to be ano...)
Hot here too....well, hot for P.A.

Everything from the garden green salad with chicken and maybe some Ramen noodles tossed on for crunch.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by cjs (Hot here too....well...)
Yesterday, we had turned the ACs on "fan" to save power and because we have had a breaker tripping regularly on one. That means we came home to a really warm house that the ACs struggled to catch up. All that said, it was just too much to enjoy a steak and baked potato. So that is dinner tonight. Thankfully, we have had several rain showers come through, so the temps have dropped back into the 80's. YAY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Yesterday, we had tu...)
Great dinner today - the chicken salad was just perfect for this weather - with Honey Lime Dressing

And, grilled meatloaf made for tomorrow's warm day again for meatloaf sandwiches.

[Image: Jun%2027BBQd%20Meatloaf_zpsutaoyhn2.jpg]

[Image: Jun%2027%20Chicken%20Sqlad%20w%20Honey%2...s1z3qn.jpg]

Just a note - 14 Hands is wonderful with the Honey Lime dressing - don't know if I've posted this one or not, but we sure like it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/27/15?? by cjs (Great dinner today -...)
Very fresh and pretty!

BTW, Jean, ABC is replaying Battle Bots tonight! Watching now!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.