Latest Issue #112 *DELETED*
  Re: (...)
Post deleted by BarbaraS
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Latest Issue #112 *DELETED* by BarbaraS (Post deleted by Barb...)
Well, it is summer and majority of folks are grilling, whether occasionally or often. I sure wouldn't want to be inundated with oven-baked ideas this time of year.

Maybe the next issue will be geared more towards you as we go into early fall - and, it probably won't be as interesting to me as this one is. Different strokes and all that, Barbara.

P.S. Kinda like putting an egg on everything............ we're all past that now and so will the grilling season.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Latest Issue #112 by cjs (Well, it is summer a...)
Oh Barbara - I was just looking at the thread for Pig Wings and saw this inserted link about BBQ Sauces.......and look who started it!! How times change, huh? (I don't mean to pick on you, just thought it was funny - )

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...page=0&vc=1
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Latest Issue #112 by cjs (Oh Barbara - I was j...)
Hmm...I was thinking of posting something from the new issue to do as a dinner review, but wondering if there would be any interest.

If everyone picks a couple of recipes that they might want to try, I will type one up and post it for a June/July review.

I was thinking one of the "Tortas" might be fun...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Latest Issue #112 by Mare749 (Hmm...I was thinking...)
That one is highlighted for me!!!! got my vote.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Latest Issue #112 by cjs (That one is highligh...)
I think one of the tortas sounds like a great idea!
  Re: Re: Latest Issue #112 by karyn (I think one of the t...)
I'm all for a dinner review, but I've already made the chicken cordon bleu and the Thai pork Paillards. This coming week I'm making the caprese chicken, hamburguesa torta, fruit salad and the toasted coconut sauce. Next week I want to make the chicken marsala. This is an excellent issue.
  Re: Re: Latest Issue #112 by losblanos1 (I'm all for a dinner...)
The first time I looked through the issue I wasn't overly excited but I've looked it over a few times now and there are definitely some recipes worth trying.

I'm thinking about making the grilled sweet and sour pork only with chicken very soon. Love all of the marinade ingredients.
  Re: Re: Latest Issue #112 by Trixxee (The first time I loo...)
I've got my eye on that one also Trixxee and I just happen to have a pork tenderloin in the freezer.
  Re: Re: Latest Issue #112 by losblanos1 (I've got my eye on t...)
I've got that one marked also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.