Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Repetition here - Pizza!! Regular tho, not a tortilla pizza. I picked up a jar of Peach salsa, so will work it into the pizza. I haven't grilled pizza for a while, probably will do it this time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Grilled bunless burgers and iceberg salad. Kind of tired of "baby" greens right now.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by Trixxee (Grilled bunless burg...)
Trixxee, I know what you mean about baby greens. There are times I want crunch in my lettuce!

We're going to try the grilled chicken marsala from the latest issue. I love chicken marsala, so I'm interested to see how this compares!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by karyn (Trixxee, I know what...)
Do a review thread, Karyn!

We are finally having Chicken Chow Mein again. Everything is ready to go! I can't wait!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Do a review thread, ...)
Wow! What could have been a catastrophe turned out to be one of those blessings in disguise. Planning to grill my pizza, I didn’t pick up on how soft my dough was. As I ‘plopped’ it on the grill – keep in mind it was a nice approx. 8-9-inch round – this is what it landed as (about 8” by 18”)…..Continued grilling and decided, what the heck, now I have enough grilled (ahead) dough to two pizzas. Geez.
Peach Mango BBQ Pizza – layered with chicken blended with Spicy BBQ sauce, Jack/mozz cheese, candied jalapenos and Nora Mill Granary Peach Salsa. The flavors were great.

[Image: Jun%2025%20Grilled%20pizza%20dough%20tur...wmpitu.jpg]

[Image: Jun%2025%20Grilled%20Pizza%20sltice_zps9vxfnu3e.jpg]

Layered:
Peach salsa
Jack/mozz cheese
Chicken mixed with BBQ sauce
Candied Jalapeno slices

-----------------
Now it will be interesting to see how the other half of the dough turns out. I stuck it in the freezer to see.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by cjs (Wow! What could have...)
Doesn't that look and sound good.

By the way, has anyone tried the bell peppers stuffed with chicken, quinoa, corn and black beans from the newest issue? Thinking of making those tomorrow but am not totally excited about it.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by Trixxee (Doesn't that look an...)
I have not, but was looking at that recipe also, Trixxee. Same thing, just couldn't get all excited about it even though I wanted to. I have to buy quinoa if I am going to make it...

Tonight was family pizza night. I made four different pizzas with some whole wheat in the dough and let if ferment in the fridge for a couple of days. We had two white pizzas with seafood, bechemel, shredded asiago, cubed fontina with green onions on one and mushrooms on the other one.

The two red sauced pizzas had a four cheese blend with cheddar, swiss, parm, and cubes of mozz. One had sausage with red peppers and the other one had pepperoni and mushrooms. The family was very, very happy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by Mare749 (I have not, but was ...)
Pizza, pizza, pizza....a good thing!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by cjs (Pizza, pizza, pizza....)
A VERY good thing! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/25/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (A VERY good thing! ...)
Yes, it really is! I would not be the pizza maker I am today if Jean had not written "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!! Perfect dough recipes and delicious sauces. I was looking through that wonderful little book the other night and there are still several more than I want to make. Next week will be Mountain Mike's Chicken Club Pizza!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."