Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Bit of a whine here - I have chicken thighs dry-rubbed ready for the smoker today and now I remember we have Drs. appts. right smack dab in the middle of the morning to screw up my timing. Will have to have the thighs for a snack later, I guess. darn.

sure anxious to get back to smoking!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to make the zucchini parmesan soup from the soups & stews book since I bought a bounty of zucchinis at the farmer's market for $1 but Tony will be asking where the meat is so maybe I'll make some smallish grilled italian sausage, pepper and onion sandwiches.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make th...)
CA is making the BLT pasta salad that Daphne wrote a review on.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by losblanos1 (CA is making the BLT...)
I thawed sirloin tip steaks. Not sure what I'm going to do, feeling something Asian though
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by DFen911 (I thawed sirloin tip...)
Ron wants burgers on the grill tonight. So, that and a mixed green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by Mare749 (Ron wants burgers on...)
Well, the minute the smoke started.....rain started also.

Oh well, it's light and a warm one so will go with the thighs. Smoked chicken thighs for an appie tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by Mare749 (Ron wants burgers on...)
Quote:

Ron wants burgers on the grill tonight. So, that and a mixed green salad.

Apparently John and Ron are on the same wavelength! That was John's request as well.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
As I mentioned in the William Update thread, we spent all day going to doctor appointments. Since I knew this, I planned hot dogs with chili and French fries for dinner. I made the chili yesterday, so dinner will be fast and easy. He is resting from the long day, so we will eat kinda late today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (As I mentioned in th...)
Can't believe I am finally using my smoker again!!! A whole year (plus a little)!! It smells so good and I also stuck some potatoes in to see what they will do. I think I should have pre-baked them a little first, but we'll see.

P.S. My friend that I wrote about a couple of years ago, 'The Pie Lady' ( http://artofthepie.com/ ) just called inviting us over to 'taste test' her Rhubarb custard pie......darn, I can't leave. So, friend that she is she's bringing it over! Wow. Probably ruin our dinners.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? by cjs (Can't believe I am f...)
Enjoy your chicken, Jean....and the pie! I'm going to check out her blog, but she sounds like a dangerous neighbor! Rhubarb Custard Pie...Yummm!!!