Zucchini and Corn Pasta Salad Review
  Re: (...)
First new summer pasta salad for us and it is a real winner. It was submitted to Cooking.com by Larry Sales.

[Image: Jun%2014%20Zucc%20and%20Corn%20Pasta%20S...hzkago.jpg]

Zucchini and Corn Pasta Salad *****

You can never have too many good zucchini recipes when faced with an abundance of this popular summer veggie. This one shows off two of summer's favorites and adds feta cheese, which gives the salad a salty tang that will keep you coming back for more. Though prepackaged corn is used here to save time, feel free to use fresh if you have it on hand.
-----
Made this June 14, 2015 and it is excellent. I added toasted pine nuts.

1/2 lb shell pasta
7 Tbs olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb zucchini (about 2 medium), quartered lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch slices
2 cups (about 10 ounces) frozen or fresh corn kernels
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 to 2 Tbs lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tsp sugar
3 to 4 oz crumbled feta, or to taste
Toasted Pine nuts – these weren’t called for, but they are a good addition.

1. Bring large pot of well-salted water to a boil then add pasta and cook per package instructions. Once pasta is cooked, drain, rinse under cold water to cool completely and set aside.

2. While pasta is in process, place another pan over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of oil and the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add zucchini and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add corn, season with salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook until zucchini is tender but still bright green. Remove from heat and set aside.

3. In small bowl or jar, combine remaining 4 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, vinegar and sugar and whisk or shake well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add more lime juice if desired.

4. Add vegetables and feta to pasta and toss with dressing. Taste and adjust with additional salt and pepper or lime to taste.

5. Tip: Like many pasta salads, this one can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to eat, which will allow the flavors to combine even further.

Yield: 4-6 servings
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Zucchini and Corn Pasta Salad Review by cjs (First new summer pas...)
I love the sound of the dressing. I'll have to try this one. I may need to get more corn soon! The kids were out there yesterday when we headed to Southport.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Zucchini and Corn Pasta Salad Review by Gourmet_Mom (I love the sound of ...)
Hope we don't get sick of corn................. has not happened yet! I have 5 more dishes to try -

Corn & Cod Chowder
Corn & Shiitake Fritters
Pasta w/Spicy Corn
Chicken Stir-fry (with corn)
Spaghetti with Corn

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Zucchini and Corn Pasta Salad Review by cjs (Hope we don't get si...)
The chowder sounds really good! I don't think I have ever gotten tired of corn! Well, maybe when putting up bushels in my grandmother's kitchen when I was growing up! But it sure was nice in the winter to enjoy that summer bounty!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.