Tuesday's Dinner, 6/16/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Concrete is being poured today for the storage room, so I'll probably pick up pizza for the crew. Later we'll have our wonderful leftovers from the Asian restaurant - Seafood with Coconut Curry.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/16/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I've been craving a good meatball sub. I had one a few weeks ago while William was in the hospital. It was good, but I'm hoping I can do better. Last night was a spinach salad with pine nut dressing. Tonight will be a regular salad.

It's not the ideal thing to serve on a hot summer day, but with temps hitting over 100, it keeps us inside. I may not hesitate to grill in really cold weather, but extreme heat, I draw the line.

ETA: I'm going to use the Basic Meatball recipe from C@H we all tried years ago that are baked in a bed of beef broth and Jean's marinara.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/16/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've been craving a ...)
It's either lemon ricotta poppy seed pancakes with either a blueberry or strawberry sauce with a side of sausage or hot dogs. It just depends on what time Tony gets home from San Diego. If it's on the later side, it's the hot dogs so I can eat whenever I want.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/16/15?? by Trixxee (It's either lemon ri...)
That reminds me Trixxee, I used cottage cheese, not ricotta.

Today it's burgers and fries.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/16/15?? by losblanos1 (That reminds me Trix...)
It's super hot here, too, but I am grilling because I had a craving for fish tacos. I made the salsa verde yesterday, and I'll marinate the fish for a bit in an onion and juice marinade.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/16/15?? by karyn (It's super hot here,...)
Well, I was shamed into changing up the menu......Ryan, who is pouring the concrete says, "I'm at a chef's house and you're serving me store-bought pizza?"

I'm now making 3 Tortilla (Bar) pizzas..............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/16/15?? by cjs (Well, I was shamed i...)
Touché Ryan! LOL!

I had a change of plans, also. Aside from the heat, I wound up having to deal with some complicated financial business this afternoon. So meatball subs were out of the question. Luckily, I had a plan B that I had on the menu for tomorrow....Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes, Goat Cheese, and Pine Nuts.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.