Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I found my crockpot yesterday so made a batch of Greek-Style Pork Stew that a couple of us made last winter. Over noodles or rice, not sure. And, I have more ears of corn - got them for 5 ears/$2.00!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Got you beat on the corn! Mine was $4 per dozen!

I'm doing the Catfish Tacos I saw on FN with Damaris, one of the more recent FN Stars. The slaw she used sounded so good! We shall see! I'm doing a Black Eyed Pea and Corn Salad for a side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Got you beat on the ...)
After searching around for an hour, decided on the "steak stroganoff" from the Quick and Easy book (I think this was some sort of supplemental issue), and also the broccolini salad that goes with the sun dried tomato/chicken pappardelle in the same issue. Also garlic toast.

Glad I dragged this book out. Got a couple of ideas for this week out of it.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by Trixxee (After searching arou...)
That is a great cook book. I had to pull it out and take a look, I've made 21 of the recipes from it.

Todays dinner is from the new issue (#112), Grilled Thai Pork Paillards with pineapple rice and grilled asparagus
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by losblanos1 (That is a great cook...)
Slaw is ready for tacos and the Corn and Bean Salad is marinating. The salad is beautiful, and an early taste was promising!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Slaw is ready for ta...)
We're having pasta with Jean's Sausage Arabiatta sauce, bread with a large roasted elephant garlic clove, and Caesar salad.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by BarbaraS (We're having pasta w...)
Another one of those days!

Our dinner was wonderful also - Greek-Style Pork stew over rice. I think maybe Vicci and I are the two that have made it before.

Also, and I'm so excited about this!! Our first salad from our garden!! I have been feeling so sorry for myself that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy much of one this year. But, everything is growing like crazy!

[Image: Jun%2014%20Greek%20Style%20Pork%20Stew%2...tbubk4.jpg]

I was afraid I'd gone over board with cutting the salad goodies: Romaine, Red lettuce, mint, basil, cilantro, parsley with a Honey Mustard dressing, but it was perfect.
[Image: Jun%2014%20First%20Garden%20Salad%202015...qxl53h.jpg]

I'm a happy gardener/cook now
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by cjs (Another one of those...)
Very nice, Jean! I wasn't able to do lettuce this year. I didn't start the garden until mid May, so they wouldn't have lasted long. We are almost hitting 100 already!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Very nice, Jean! I ...)
Dinner was AMAZING!

[Image: f86cd11095a763a2d5de9715b9602ef5.jpg]

The slaw in the tacos was unusual, but VERY GOOD with the fish! And the crushed tortillas in the "taco" was genius! And the salad was the PERFECT side.

And now that I've introduced William to this kind of thing, he is willing to try it with black beans next time! I'm so excited! This is a definite repeat!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/14/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Dinner was AMAZING![...)
Would love the recipe for the tacos/wraps, Daphne. Right up my alley, that's for sure!
www.achefsjourney.com