Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

More corn and some asparagus on the grill along with Flanken strips (don't like that name for some reason. We always called them Hawaiian Beef strips!)

staying at the 'farm' for the first time tonight! Double edged sword tho, I think - this means we will work longer but crash harder when we stop.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're not moving or anything but I am also pulling from the freezer like Vicci. Tonight it's tamales (not even sure what kind - they are either pork, chicken or cheese and green chile), topped with enchilada sauce also pulled from the freezer.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by Trixxee (We're not moving or ...)
Not sure yet. I'll be diving into the freezer in a few to pick something out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by Trixxee (We're not moving or ...)
Flanken reminds me of Flankenstien.

If it's not raining I'm going to grill coconut marinated chicken skewers.
If it is raining I'm making pineapple spiced chicken.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by losblanos1 (Flanken reminds me o...)
Bite your tongue, Blane!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by cjs (Bite your tongue, Bl...)
Flanken reminds me of spankin'. LOL!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by Trixxee (Flanken reminds me o...)
We have leftover flank steak (not flanken!)so we are going to do a steak salad with creamy blu cheese dressing. Butter lettuce, English cukes, tomatoes, onion,black olives, and toasted French bread will round it off. Oh, a friendly red will do very well.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by Old Bay (We have leftover fl...)
I was so stumped about dinner. I decided to wait until Thursday to dive back in the freezer. There is some venison that I wanted to move to the farm. William was mowing and tired out and asked me to wait.

So I left him to pick dinner. He suggested breakfast for dinner. After that, I could've get sausage dogs out of my head. So that's dinner with baked tator tots on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I was so stumped abo...)
Tamales are one of my all-time favorites, but John isn't a fan...he'll eat them but doesn't get it. Oh well! He's great in so many ways I really shouldn't complain....

Tonight we're having a delayed dinner: Tea Smoked Chicken Salad with Coriander and Pickled Onions. I smoked the chicken weeks ago, but life happened, so it's been happily food-savered in the freezer ever since. I decided to break it out tonight, so we're having a half-freezer-diving meal. There's too much fresh produce to fully qualify.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/12/15?? by karyn (Tamales are one of m...)
We had chicken tonight also. It was suppose to go on the grill, but it turned cool here and looked like it was going to rain any minute, so I decided to make Billy's Ginger Chicken recipe which is an all time favorite for us. Jasmine rice and steamed broccoli on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."