Quiche Question
  Re: (...)
I should have probably said I'd ideas, but using the two Q words was hard to resist!

Anyway, Ashley just left a client's house with a dozen fresh eggs. And she'd like to make a quiche. I told her that a quiche is kind of like a pizza, whatever cheeses, veggies and proteins you like would work, but I wanted your input. So give me your best tried and true!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Quiche Question by Gourmet_Mom (I should have probab...)
One of my favorite combos is either ham or bacon with canned green chilies. |

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/r...uiche-2224
  Re: Re: Quiche Question by Trixxee (One of my favorite c...)
Traditional quiche lorraine is my all time favorite, but due to the calorie count, I only make it once or twice a year. The rest of the time, I make one with spinach and cheese. Any good quality cheese works.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Quiche Question by Mare749 (Traditional quiche l...)
We love this one -
Potato, Leek and Goat Cheese Quiche*****

Dinner’s Ready

3 leeks
1 Tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups (leftover) Anchovy Mashed Potatoes
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
5 oz Chevre cheese
1 ready-to-bake 9-inch pie shell
2 Tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 450°

2. Split the leeks length-wise, and wash. Chop the leeks.

3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the leeks until softened, about 3 minutes.

4. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Set aside

5. Beat the leeks into the potatoes. Beat in the eggs and milk until thoroughly incorporated.

6. Break the goat cheese into small pieces and fold into the potato mixture. Pour the mixture into the pie shell.

7. Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan. Reduce the oven temp. to 375° and bake the quiche for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and browned. Makes 4 servings.

I tried to post the pix - it was such a pretty quiche, but Photobucket won't cooperate............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com