Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having BLTs and later the other half of the Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato and.... soup.

Home inspection today at 1 p.m. - please, everyone cross your fingers for us!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Good luck!

Tony bought a very large amount of mushrooms yesterday at Costco so have to figure out what to do with some of them. Today I'm making a cream of mushroom soup to go along with leftover meatloaf.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by Trixxee (Good luck![br][br]To...)
I'm not sure yet. While I'm leaning toward easy, mindless choices....hot dogs or Buffalo Chicken Salad, I think I'll pull out the Grilling Books and look for an old favorite that I haven't made in a while. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure yet. W...)
Fingers crossed Jean.
The nice weather continues, so I'm grilling steaks and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by losblanos1 (Fingers crossed Jean...)
After cruising through the Grilling books, I've picked the BLT Turkey Burgers. Instead of the Smokey Corn side, we will just polish off my leftover potato salad and three bean salad from last night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (After cruising throu...)
another night of good sounding dinners and we're having soup???? That's o.k.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by cjs (another night of goo...)
I thawed a lone little steak that was in the freezer for some reason. Ron will grill it for me, then I'll slice it thin and put it on Italian hard rolls with sauteed onions, peppers and some Fontina, then broil it just long enough to get melty. Grilled asparagus on the side.

Tonight I will be making lemon torte and Polish Sweet Bread (Bobka) for my dad's birthday dinner tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by Mare749 (I thawed a lone litt...)
Hamburgers with Onions and Gravy.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by BarbaraS (Hamburgers with Onio...)
Freezer diving...Chile Colorado burrito bowls with fresh corn salsa and other assorted toppings. I'm giving cauliflower rice another try for me, but John is having regular cilantro-lime rice.

I liked the cauliflower rice a lot better on day two and I'm not sure if its because I undercooked it and it was better reheated, or if my expectations were lower at lunch the next day.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/4/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (After cruising throu...)
Quote:

After cruising through the Grilling books, I've picked the BLT Turkey Burgers. Instead of the Smokey Corn side, we will just polish off my leftover potato salad and three bean salad from last night.

I'm going to dig out my grilling books because this sounds good for tomorrow except for ground chicken. And avocado. And perhaps bunless or at least topless for me. Thanks for the idea, D. I feel inspirationless this week though we really did enjoy that cream of mushroom soup tonight.