SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15??
  Re: (...)
oooops - got busy and didn't get this post going. (thanks, Daphne)

What's on the menu for everyone today?

I am cooking up a storm and not sure what/which we'll have - what else can I do waiting, waiting, waiting for closing??????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by cjs (oooops - got busy an...)
We are having C @ H's Chicken Vesuvio, asparagus and a green salad.
  Re: Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by Trixxee (We are having C @ H'...)
Jean, are you a list maker? You could start a list of all the details you will have to take care of after the closing? You must be soooo excited. I have never known anyone who could buy, sell, and buy another home as fast as you two!

Dinner tonight will be my mom's recipe for ground meat and macaroni casserole. (ghoulash as we called it) Salad and fresh Italian bread to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by Mare749 (Jean, are you a list...)
I was considering that Creamy Bacon Carbonara, but it's beautiful outside. I already will be missing part of the afternoon at a meeting, so William suggested I pick up Chinese on the way home. Suits me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I was considering th...)
It's beautiful outside here also, so I'm going to grill up some beef skewers w/ choron sauce and asparagus.
  Re: Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by losblanos1 (It's beautiful outsi...)
It's beautiful here as well, and we're looking forward to lots of sun over the next few days. We had a ton of rain in April, so the sun is really welcome!

Tonight we're having cauliflower "fried rice". My son said it was delicious, so I'm giving it a try. I'll stir in some leftover Chinese BBQ pork that I have in the freezer to make it a one-dish dinner.
  Re: Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by karyn (It's beautiful here ...)
Oh Maryann, you have no idea the lists I make!!! I have post its all over this trailer...............

(ghoulash as we called it) - that's what we called it growing up.

Wow, and everyone is having good weather for a change!!! I wish I had my grill out - but we move in the morning to stay in Port Angeles until we can park at our new house and get acclimated.

I had a cooking marathon day for putting pkgs. in the freezer for when things get hectic -

Crockpot Hawaiian Beef Cubes
Chile Colorado Burrito filling
Sourdough bread
have to make rice tomorrow to have as a filler for the above mixes

and, since I froze everything, there wasn't anything to have to mid-day meal - Here's a pasta dish made up of what I have on hand and man, it is a keeper!
[Image: Apr%2030%20Pasta%20w%20tom%20capers%20ka...myfvfi.jpg]

Pasta with Tomatoes, Capers and Kalamatas*****

SERVES 2 generously -

"It can be a bit tricky cooking angel hair pasta. You have to pay close attention to cooking time. Here’s the trick: Cook this pasta to just below al dente, drain, and toss it with just enough olive oil to avoid stickiness. Then add the pasta back to the pan, and heat it through quickly so the pasta does not overcook. It is worth the attention because when you get it right, this pasta is sheer perfection." Tip from an ebook I picked up - The Fast Diet Cookbook for Weight Loss - this recipe is adapted from the book.

4 oz Angel hair pasta
Olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 T. roasted garlic cloves)
3 tomatoes, rough chopped
2 Tbs capers, rough chopped plus 1 tsp. brine
6 to 8 Kalamata olives, rough chopped
2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup (1 oz.) grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese

1. Cook the angel hair pasta according to the package directions, drain, toss with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, and set aside.

2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil until shimmery. Add the garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, capers, olives, and basil, salt, and pepper, and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.

3. Add the cooked spaghetti to the vegetables and toss to combine.

4. Add the chicken stock and reserved brine and stir well to coat the pasta.

5. Serve the pasta on warm plates and pass the Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by cjs (Oh Maryann, you have...)
That looks delicious!! Add olives to anything and I'm a fan!

By the way, cauliflower "fried rice" tastes exactly like what I expected...and didn't taste like fried rice to me...
  Re: Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by karyn (That looks delicious...)
Does that mean you liked it? Or not?

P.S. to add - Maryann, what am I supposed to do with St. Joseph now?? He's in my desk drawer but I don't want to just discard him.

Anyone thinking of putting a house up for sale?? I'll gladly send him to you - boy, does he work!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: SORRY - Thursday's Dinner, 4/30/15?? by cjs (Does that mean you l...)
Jean, that is too funny! And while we aren't advertising our many properties, much of it is for sale, so I'll take him, unless someone else is in need!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.