Cornish Game Hens
  Re: (...)
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a while but I'd like to get to know everyone and start again. Here's my idea, for the wonderful Cornish Game Hens recipes I've been using chicken leg and thigh quarters instead of half a Cornish Hen. It still comes out yummy and it's perfect for just two. Anyone else do adaptions? Table for Two is one of my fave features.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Cornish Game Hens by farnfam (Hi everyone,[br] I h...)
Cis,
I haven't cooked any of the C@H recipes with cornish hens yet. However, I do like cooking with cornish hens. It makes the kids feel special to have their very own little chicken! If I fix any of the "meals for 2"....I have to sometimes more than double it!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Cornish Game Hens by Bizymomma (Cis,[br]I haven't co...)
Cornish hens...I made them once YEARS ago, but I think maybe they were not so fresh when I bought them because they smelled funky. I couldn't eat them. I've been too, uh, chicken too try it again. Maybe I'll give it another shot...I know my kids would love to have their own little chicken....well, with 2 teenaged boys (13 and 15), maybe they'd prefer a not-so-little chicken!

Someday Table for Two will be one of my favorite features....but now I need Table for Four to Six.

I do adaptations too...sometimes with great results, sometimes not so great. One of my successes is a recipe for caramelized chicken legs. The original recipe was for wings. I like to remove the skin though, and skinning wings??? Pain in the butt!!! So I use chicken legs and they come out great. I cook the legs for an hour, peel the skin right off, and put them in for another hour. Yum!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Cornish Game Hens by TwilightKitten (Cornish hens...I mad...)
TK....LOL...I don't think I would ever be able to adjust to cooking for just 2! My step-daughter left for college in August, now I have my 12 yr. old son & 8 yr. old daughter. The boy eats for 2 teens tho! LOL
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Cornish Game Hens by Bizymomma (TK....LOL...I don't ...)
Well, I've been cooking for two for about 2yrs now. It was quite an adjustment at first. Even tho I just had the two daughters, there were alway extras at the table. Thanks for your replys everyone
Cis
  Re: Re: Cornish Game Hens by farnfam (Well, I've been cook...)
lol...I know what you mean about "extras"! That's why I said 4 to 6 instead of just 4. There are always hungry neighborhood kids hanging around here! It's hard not to feed them when they tell me how good my cooking smells/looks. I'm such a sucker for compliments on my cooking!

Oh, and Cis, I really do hope you hang around!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Cornish Game Hens by farnfam (Well, I've been cook...)
Cornish game hens here are the size of small turkeys--I suppose what you are talking aboiut are labeled "pouissons"--now how is that for classy? I have been cooking for two what seems like forever!! I love the cooking for two recipes---most of them are very adequate for us---if I double them --LOL. Seriously, the cook in the kitchen adapts--just cut your recipes to half--and you will have leftovers for the next day!!

Nice to have farnfam back!!! Now we must continue to work to get some others!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy