favorite chicken breast recipes
  Re: (...)
I know that I have made this request before and apologize for asking again, but just cannot find the list for some reason!

Would everyone please list their favorite Cuisine dish using chicken breasts? (I have the DVD so no need to post the recipe)

I would so appreciate it. There is one in particular that I just cannot find and it's driving me to distraction! It was called Herb Crusted chicken or something like that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by Mare749 (I know that I have m...)
My favorite C@H breast recipe is Fizzy Chicken Cuisine@Home No. 63 (June 2007), pages 28-29. My favorite overall is my own version of Chicken Francesa and this one from Jane Brody:

CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR*****

I had only defrosted 4 of the Costco prepackaged boneless, skinless with the tenderloins still attached, so I separated those and sliced the breasts a bit to flatten them and all pieces cooked evenly. After I started I realized that I only had ½ lb of whole mushrooms and ½ lb of presliced (I normally only buy whole ones at Costco). Anyway I sliced the whole ones and it turned out great. I smashed the whole garlic pieces after they were soft. DH did not detect the vinegar flavor until after I told him. His comment was to make more sauce next time, he liked it so much.

Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
2 TBS. flour
salt to taste
black pepper
1 TBS. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 lb. mushrooms, halved if large
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp. fresh thyme

Season flour with salt and pepper.

Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.

Heat oil over medium-high heat in large heavy skillet, add chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until brown on one side.

Add garlic, turn over chicken, and scatter mushrooms over chicken. Cook about 3 minutes, shaking skillet to distribute mushrooms. Add vinegar, broth, bay leaf, and thyme.

Cover skillet tightly and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, turning chicken once as it cooks. Uncover skillet, transfer chicken to serving platter, and cover with foil to keep warm.

In uncovered skillet, cook mushrooms over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes. Remove bay leaf, and pour mushrooms and sauce over chicken.

Recipe Type: Chicken, Cook's Illustrated Forum, Main Dish, Mushrooms

Author: Jane Brody’s Good Food Gourmet
Source: Cook's Illustrated BB chipotle gloria
  Re: Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by Cubangirl (My favorite [url=mai...)
Maryann, I think the herb chicken recipe is from a Cuisine for Two cookbook,
there was a review thread for it.
  Re: Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by losblanos1 (Maryann, I think the...)
Maryann, could you be thinking of that pecan crusted chicken salad that I dearly love?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, could you b...)
Skewered Citrus Chicken Wings*****
Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes*****

and the one we all loved so much -
Chicken Parmesan Roulades with Caesar Salad
Cuisine at home, June 2006, Issue 57, p. 21 Makes 8 Roulades

Any of these ring a bell??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by cjs (Skewered Citrus Chic...)
One of my faves is not a C@H recipe, but an Epicurious recipe. Chicken with a sundried tomato cream sauce - it is so good. There are several on there so if this interests you I can post the exact one I'm talking about. I need to make it soon - very good over angel hair.
  Re: Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by Trixxee (One of my faves is n...)
Trixxee, do I have that one? I have this one: Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by Trixxee (One of my faves is n...)
Tarragon cream chicken with prosciutto and mushrooms. Issue 38, page 34.
  Re: Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by losblanos1 (Tarragon cream chick...)
This is the one I use, Daphne. The red pepper flakes must be a typo though - 3/4 tsp? No, no, no! Just a sprinkle for us. I do double the sauce if I want enough for pasta, otherwise it's just not quite enough.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...uce-107198
  Re: Re: favorite chicken breast recipes by losblanos1 (Maryann, I think the...)
Quote:

Maryann, I think the herb chicken recipe is from a Cuisine for Two cookbook,
there was a review thread for it.

Blane, do you know that was the only book I hadn't gone through this morning!!! Not sure how I missed it as I keep all my books together. That recipe was one of Ron's favorites.

THANK YOU everyone for posting your recipes for me and I will bookmark this thread so I don't lose it again! Don't hesitate to keep adding to this thread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."