Favorites!!!
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by farnfam (I hope it's ok that ...)
There are sooooo many!!! Top of my head--I must admit the Beef Wellington is to die for and
the Pork Wellingtion is right up there

Also love the spicey shrimp with mango salsa dressing

and there is an AWESOME chocolate torte!!!!

Chocolate chip cookies are great (and easy)

Mega mall muffins---blueberry, are a welcome addition to breakfast at any time!!

I could go on and on and on and on and on---get the message!!!???

Almost forgot---the Firemens' House Asian chicken salad---YUMMMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by Roxanne 21 (There are sooooo man...)
Just read another post (somewhere)where someone mentioned they wished the 'newbies' would post more often. I'm one of those who is guilty of not posting - I think I have two.

But, the other nite I made a recipe from I'm guessing an old C.at H., issue 44 - Chicken Cacciatore Soup. And what a winner this dish is. I added a few toasted pine nuts and capers to the garnish and the flavors in this soup are just outstanding!!

I'm reading all of your favorites you've listed and will check them out since I've been taking the mag. for quite some time.

Anyway, will try to post more often - looks like a good group of folks around here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by cjs (Just read another po...)
cjs, thanks for joining in! And thank you for the review...we love reviews!
Tammy
  Re: Favorites!!! by Bizymomma (I'm kind of ashamed ...)
OK...I finally got all of my magazines out and here are my favorites. Cannot believe all the stuff i made from CAH and how much we enjoyed almost everything we made. So i am putting only the stuff i made numerous times.

Complimentary copyTongueork Cutlet-Japanese style and pan roasted tenderloin with stroganoff sauce, hassleback potatoes and lemon tart..

Issue 39, 2003-warm german potato salad with kielbasa, 40 clove garli9c chicken

Issue 40, 2003- pizza from the grill all the ice creams

Issue 41, 2003- thai beef salad wraps,caramel apple cake

MISSING 42...GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Issue 44- Japanese steak rolls, buttermilk pie

Issue 45-brownies, potatoe crust quiche

Issue 46- teriyaki fired beef, bacon grilled trout, cucumber tzatziki, TRES LECHE CAKE and LEMON BUTTERMILK SORBET...you guys ALL should try these two deserts.

Issue 47-Beer braised brisket, Lex's Roast chicken (my b/f fav) i make it at least a couple of times a month, butternut torilla soup, and apple galettes

Issue 50 -STuffed Flank steak(both of them), Cheese Toasts with french onion salisbury steak and dinner rolls

Issue 55- Mediterranean chops, parmesan Orzo, black bean soup.

Have to go to my car to get the rest of the issues so i will post the rest later.
  Re: MY FAVORITES by piano226 (OK...I finally got a...)
I was wondering about the stuffed flank recipe---it sounds wonderful, something we would like BUT could someone clue me in with the cut of the meat used? We don't have flank cut here--whenever I ask a butcher about it I have a blank look response--HELP please?? BTW--I even take a diagram--go figure!!!!
  Re: Re: MY FAVORITES by Roxanne 21 (I was wondering abou...)
Roxanne....
The flank steak comes from the middle lower side of the cow, right under the ribs. Right behind where they would cut the brisket. They also cut the skirt steak (great for fajitas) from there. Hope this helps!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: MY FAVORITES by Bizymomma (Roxanne....[br]The f...)
Yes Bizymomma--that helps---they call it RUMP here---will try some of those recipes that look sooooo tempting---THANX

Now why wouldn't a butcher know that!!??!!

I guess we should suggest an American butchery workshop---plenty of Americans here!!!
  Re: Re: MY FAVORITES by Roxanne 21 (Yes Bizymomma--that ...)
Just out of curiosity...what brought you to Africa? That's such a long way from USA. My bro.-in-law travels back and forth every 30 days for off shore oil drilling. It's such an exhausting trip for him.
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: MY FAVORITES by Bizymomma (Just out of curiosit...)
We retired here ---- following many vacations in this area we just loved it--the region is beautiful with every conceivable geographical feature available within a few minutes drive in any direction. The people are most welcoming and the exchange rates for currency were great (and still are!!!). BUT--times are a changing and family beckons us sooo--we have had a great experience here.

The trip is exhausting--we don't do it that often and notice that it becomes more so as time goes by. Restrictions and security measures are a nightmare as well---but I understand that these are necessary for all of us. It just seems that the planes get smaller and more crowded--no matter what class one travels in. Hopefully, we will need only one more trip---HOME!!!!!
  Re: Re: MY FAVORITES by Roxanne 21 ( We retired here ---...)
Oh my, here's a thread with lots of "old timers" I had just joined. Wow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com