Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

After 10 straight hours of sleep, I'm ready to go again. We have some good leftovers - my friend, Coleenie doesn't like to cook, - so, I do have the remnants of a Charcuterie platter for a pizza today!! And, Red flannel hash. Easy day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Family dinner tonight for whoever shows up. Spaghetti, meatballs, Italian sausage, roasted vegetables, green salad, Italian bread and wine! Sunday gravy smells so good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by Mare749 (Family dinner tonigh...)
We are going to a really nice park for Michael's 16th birthday party/picnic with my family - bonus - it's only 10 minutes away. They have a small zoo, bike rentals, boat rides, a train, all kinds of fun stuff. We are also doing a bean bag toss tournament (prizes are $10, $5, and the coveted $2 bill) and flag football.

Food wise I am picking up an assortment of Jersey Mike subs, already got the potato salad from a BBQ place, fruit salad, chips, and my mom is bringing the cake. I'm sure the kids will also get soft serve ice cream from the snack bar.

http://ocparks.com/parks/irvine/
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by Trixxee (We are going to a re...)
Happy B'day to Michael! It looks like a fun day for all.

I'm making my dinner review today. Chicken à la King Crêpes w/ roasted asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by losblanos1 (Happy B'day to Micha...)
Happy Birthday to Michael! Sounds/looks like a beautiful park and fun for all.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by Mare749 (Happy Birthday to Mi...)
16 already? Happy birthday!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by Trixxee (We are going to a re...)
Happy Birthday, Michael! Cooking a small rib tonight, mashed, jus, peas, asparagus, and brioche rolls. Some things never change, Picky is, well, picky. 20 years and the repertoire has yet to change (sigh)
PJ
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, where is home these days?
PJ
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by pjcooks (Jean, where is home ...)
PJ, we're homeless! sold the house, sold a lot of'stuff' put the rest in storage. We took off on highway 2 wanting to go all the way across the U.S. on it, but weather made us keep going south after we veered off course in Minnesota to see Laura, Brad, etal.

So, we kept heading south. And tried to wait out the weather so we could continue on east to Florida and then follow the east coast up and see all of you. Mother Nature had other plans for us - we would have been still sitting in Louisianna, if we hadn't decide to head back west, then north and start the next chapter.

We've decided to return to Port Angeles, buy a fixer upper and settle down in a little cottage. We're still in California where we have all kinds of kids and friends and we'll just slowly work our way back to the northwest. My biggest regret is this was the trip to meet all of you and now I have to cross my fingers that I/we have one more long trip in us.

Daphne, this should answer your question about where we are, too. And, probably more than anyone ever wanted to know!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/29/15?? by cjs (PJ, we're homeless! ...)
Yes, tides! It sounds like you guys are having too much fun, especially after reading you blog posts!

William wanted Erin's Cobb Pasta Salad. It was as good as we remembered.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.