T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today?

We're on our next leg of the 'friend's tour' and on to Healdsburg. One night and we're dragging already?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
LOL Jean. Partying is not for the faint of heart!

We are having a coconut chicken thai curry dish (recipe is the same old one that has been on the back of the red curry paste for years). I have $3 worth of basil to use up - this will do the trick.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15?? by Trixxee (LOL Jean. Partying ...)
Today it's Philly cheese steak stromboli with fries and maybe a salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15?? by losblanos1 (Today it's Philly ch...)
Back is still paining me, but today I decided that babying it may be making things worse, like the pain in hip and ***** from odd sitting positions and walking oddly. So I'm pushing it a little today, but gently. Now to decide on dinner. Off to look for something interesting.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Back is still painin...)
Pain is so weird. My knee starting hurting me out of the blue (I am convinced I was laying on it too long (on my side) while sleeping. The more I babied it the worse it got. I just finally started forcing myself to walk and within 4 days it was 100% better.

Hope you feel better soon.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15?? by Trixxee (Pain is so weird. M...)
Hope you feel better soon, Daphne.

We're having an old family favorite, Tuna Noodle Crispy. I'm making the whole casserole, but giving half of it to Heather who is stopping by after work. Will probably have peas with it and maybe some glazed carrots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15?? by losblanos1 (Today it's Philly ch...)
Hey Blane,

Let me know how that turns out for you. I just discovered that Wegmans sells shaved steak.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15?? by BarbaraS (Hey Blane,[br][br]Le...)
Quote:

Hey Blane,

Let me know how that turns out for you. I just discovered that Wegmans sells shaved steak.

Barbara

I'd love a review, too!

I've been sous vide-ing a corned beef for the past two days. It was on sale, and I meant to do it for the St. Paddy's Day corned beef, but forgot. Tonight I'll use some of it for Reuben sandwiches. I'm going to be eating Kosher-style for the better part of next week, so I want some meat with my cheese tonight. LOL!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/27/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I hope you get better soon Daphne.

CA has strep throat and the Stromboli isn't sounding to good to her, so I'm sliding it out to Sunday. I'll be sure to give a review. Speaking of Reuben's, has anyone tried the Texas Reuben w/ 1000 island slaw? It's from one of the grilling cook books and I really want to try it.

Tonight's dinner is now French toast with bananas Foster sauce and SAUSAGE!