Pork & Pappardelle Pasta Recipe - Variation
  Re: (...)
I had planned on making the Pork and Pappardelle Pasta recipe which Maryann had posted and I’ve made a couple of times.

Pork and Pappardelle Pasta Recipe*****
Recipe by: Original recipe came from Aaron McCargo, Jr.
Maryann posted this recipe makes 4 servings Food Network recipe
Wonderful and especially good with Barnard Griffin Syrah.

Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbs olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 white onion, finely chopped
2 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp crushed red chile flakes
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups shredded Simple Roasted Pork Shoulder, recipe follows
1 lb dried pappardelle pasta
Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Red chile flakes, for garnish

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.

2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and red chile flakes. After a minute or so, add the chicken stock and pork and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.

3. When you are ready to serve, drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the pasta and place directly into the sauce. Cook, tossing the pasta with the sauce, another 2 minutes, and then turn off the heat. Hold back some of the pasta water to thin the sauce.

4. Place the pasta into warmed bowls, spooning extra sauce over the top of each portion. Garnish with Parmesan, parsley and chile flakes. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.
------------------------
But, I didn’t have 2 cups of leftover pork, pappardelle or Parmesan cheese.
This is the result of what I did have and it is wonderful!

Pork and Pasta

This recipe is a take off of Pork and Pappardelle Pasta and it results in a creamy spicy sauce.

Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp crushed red chile flakes
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup shredded/diced cooked pork, roast, pulled pork or BBQ ribs
1/2 lb dried pasta, Spaghetti type, Campanelle, or Penne style
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
Chopped fresh parsley or dried, for garnish
Red chile flakes, for garnish

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.

2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and red chile flakes. After a minute or so, add the chicken stock and pork and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.

3. When you are ready to serve, drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook according to pkg. directions. Drain the pasta reserving ½ cup of the pasta water for thinning sauce if needed. Add pasta and goat cheese to onion mixture; cook, tossing with the sauce, another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and check consistency of the dish – it if looks dry add a little of the pasta water at a time until correct consistency is reached.

4. Place the pasta into warmed bowls, spooning extra sauce over the top of each portion. Garnish with parsley and chile flakes. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.
Yield: makes 4 servings

[Image: Mar%207%20Pork%20and%20Pasta%20plated_zpsspsn82kl.jpg]

And, since 1/2 of the original recipe made 4 servings, we had two more servings to top with an egg.
[Image: Mar%207%20Pork%20and%20Pasta%20topped%20...ajsr3l.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pork & Pappardelle Pasta Recipe - Variation by cjs (I had planned on mak...)
That looks delicious, Jean. I like the idea of adding goat cheese and will try that next time. Also the idea for using leftover ribs is not something that I had thought of.

One more note for anyone who might be interested. I had some leftover pork gravy (it was only 1/4 to 1/2 cup) and added that to the dish to change it up.

Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pork & Pappardelle Pasta Recipe - Variation by Mare749 (That looks delicious...)
That would be a nice addition.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pork & Pappardelle Pasta Recipe - Variation by cjs (I had planned on mak...)
Jean that sounds really good. I'm thinking I might have some pork gravy in the freezer. I think our leftovers will be tonight's dinner - and I just might add some goat cheese. Bob thought some diced or crushed tomato would be good. It's a very flexible recipe.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pork & Pappardelle Pasta Recipe - Variation by Harborwitch (Jean that sounds rea...)
It really is flexible. I like the egg on top idea.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pork & Pappardelle Pasta Recipe - Variation by Mare749 (It really is flexibl...)
I can't think of an easier dish to make use of so many variations as this one. Tomatoes ran thru my mind, also. May do that.

One of Jacques Pepin's pasta recipes got us going on adding eggs to pasta dish and I just love it! I think Lorraine and I started doing it a number of years ago.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork & Pappardelle Pasta Recipe - Variation by cjs (I can't think of an ...)
Thanks for the reminder, Jean. I don't have Pappardelle, but I have ots of other shapes. I also have some pork chops we cooked and froze. Sounds like a great supper to me!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pork & Pappardelle Pasta Recipe - Variation by Lorraine (Thanks for the remin...)
I have some pork tenderloin pieces in the freezer. You had me at goat cheese!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.