meatball and tomato sauce recipe
  Re: (...)
I have misplaced by copy of the magazine that featured meatball recipe and tomato sauce recipe. These recipes were featured about two years ago and meatballs were on the cover of the issue. My family loves the recipes and I can't find them. Does anyone have them and if so, would you be able to post them. Thanks
  Re: meatball and tomato sauce recipe by anne (I have misplaced by ...)
I only have back to August 2002, but I found a rec. for Basic Meatballs with Fresh Tomato Sauce (but it's not on the cover). They have the meatballs in Italian Wedding Soup and on the back cover, Meatball Subs. Let me know if you think this might be it and I'll be happy to post it for you!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: meatball and tomato sauce recipe by anne (I have misplaced by ...)
I think this is the meatball recipe you are looking for. If not, it should be....it's awesome! It's been posted on here a couple of times at least, so I just copied and pasted. Thank you to whoever posted it originally!

Basic Meatballs

STIR TOGETHER:
1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
¾ cup Romano or Parmesan cheese, finely grated
½ cup whole milk
½ cup low-sodium beef broth
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
3 eggs, beaten
2 T. dried oregano
1 T. garlic, minced
1 T. kosher salt
1 T. ground black pepper
2 t. dried basil
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Pinch nutmeg

ADD; SHAPE:
2 lb. Ground chuck

COVER BOTTOM OF PAN WITH:
1 cup low-sodium beef broth

Preheat oven to 450.

Stir together all ingredients (except the ground meat) in a large mixing bowl.
Add the ground chuck and mix together thoroughly. Using a portioning scoop or 2 spoons, shape the meat mixture into balls (about 2” in diameter or 1 ½ oz. each). Coat a baking sheet or shallow roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Space the meatballs on the pan so they’re not touching or crowded together.
Cover bottom of pan with beef broth. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the meatballs are just cooked through. Reserve pan juices for sauce.

Sauce: Saute 1 1/2 C diced onions in 1/4 C olive oil. Stir in 2 t minced garlic. Add 3 (14 1/2oz each) cans crushed whole plum tomatoes, 1/2 C reserved pan drippings, 1/2 C minced fresh parsley, 1 T sugar, 1 t crushed red pepper flakes, salt. Simmer 15 minutes. Add 1/4 C fresh basil cut in stips before serving. Garnish with fresh parmesan.
Tammy
  Re: Re: meatball and tomato sauce recipe by Bizymomma (I only have back to ...)
The recipe that TwilightKitten posted is the BEST recipe for meatballs ever!!! I have given this to soooo many people I cannot begin to count. Enjoy but be sure to follow the recipe as written--except you may want to add a little more broth on the bottom of the roasting pan for extra moisture (so that the bottoms of the meatballs don't over-brown) HMMM___sounds like something on an upcoming menu!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy