Thursday's Dinner, 2/26/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I added the leftover Mexican filling made for the potato skins to the Red Beans from the other night and I think I'll use it as a pasta sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/26/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm thinking about picking up sandwiches from our favorite italian sandwich shop and I'm hoping they have this special today.

Hot Sliced Habanaro Ham
Orange and Habanaro Marmalade
Fire Roasted Poblano Pepper
Melted Monterey Jack
Lettuce, Tomato, and Onion
On a Buttery Toasted Ciabatta Roll

That just sounds so good to me.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/26/15?? by Trixxee (I'm thinking about p...)
Waiting for inspiration. Maybe steak night? Although, London Broil is on sale?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/26/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Waiting for inspirat...)
We have some leftover pot roast and gravy. So, thinking of picking up some crusty rolls and making hot sandwiches. Will add a salad and some tator tots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/26/15?? by Mare749 (We have some leftove...)
I'll be grillin in the rain, Coconut marinated chicken-pineapple skewers w/ pineapple rice.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/26/15?? by losblanos1 (I'll be grillin in t...)
I just have to reiterate how much we love the red beans recipe from Lasyone's restaurant. If you haven't tried these and you like beans, I would suggest you think about it.

Today, I added the rest of the filling for the stuffed potato skins to the beans and combined with bowtie pasta. Geez, it was so good. That's 3 meals out of 1/2 a recipe of the beans. And, need I say how good this dish was with Tobin James Ballistic Zin??
[Image: Feb%2026%20Red%20Beans%20with%20BowTie%2...qczrog.jpg]

[Image: FEb%2026%20Red%20Beans%20w%20BowTie%20Pa...z7mcqp.jpg]

Lasyone's Red Beans and Rice and Sausage *****

From the book The Southern Foodie – 100 Places to Eat in the South Before You Die. For the rice, I cooked it in 1 cup chicken cooking jus mix with a little water - best rice I've ever made.

1/2 cup lard or bacon drippings
2 1/2 quarts water
1 lb dried light red kidney beans
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
3 stalks celery
1 1/2 cups chopped smoked sausage
1 Tbs garlic powder
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 Tbs dried parsley
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs salt
6 cups cooked long-grain white rice

1. In large pot combine the lard, water, beans, onion, bell pepper, ad celery.

2. Cook uncovered on medium heat, stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the beans are tender.

3. Add sausage, garlic powder, red pepper, parsley, sugar, and salt during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Serve over the rice.

4. NOTE: be careful not to cook this down too much. I did the first time I made it.

---
I probably should have waited to post until tomorrow....Roy Richard just opened (unsolicited ) a 2nd bottle of Tobin James Ballistic...................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/26/15?? by cjs (I just have to reite...)
Steak night it is! He just got home, so I won't put the potatoes in until six. They are small and won't take long.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/26/15?? by cjs (I just have to reite...)
Jean those beans sound soooooooo good!

Jeff picked burgers - big honking burgers, onions, sharp cheddar cheese.

I've also got some olive tapenade and I'm going to make some (instant) mashed potatoes to make patties to go under the burger (for me at least). No sides - just burgers and trimmings. Yum. On the grill!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!