Others Do This??
  Re: (...)
I love to read descriptions of foods offered - either from menus or from websites listing different offerings around the country. This morning on a email from somewhere these were talked about.

I would love to make all of these - and with the descriptions, I'm thinking it would not be difficult at all.

Deviled Egg Oysters at The Grocery, Charleston, SC

Deviled eggs are having a moment on bar menus. This must-try variation turns the classic inside-out: hardboiled egg purée and a crispy cornmeal-encrusted oyster are plated on top of spicy “deviled egg sauce.” Bread-and-butter pickles balanced on top deliver refreshing tang and crunch to each bite.
4 Cannon St., Charleston; 843-302-8825

Nacho Mama’s Oysters at MAX’s Wine Dive, Chicago

Take a moment to digest these two words: oyster. Nachos. Oh yes: fried Gulf Coast oysters on wonton “chips,” plus garlic aïoli, habanero salsa and cilantro. Executive chef Jessica Brumleve describes the nachos as "the perfect bite: you get sweet, saltiness from the oyster; spiciness from the habanero salsa; rich, creaminess from the garlic aïoli; and loads of crunch from the wonton ‘chips.’”
1482 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago; 773-661-6581

Buffalo Fried Oysters With Corn Pudding at Sekund Sun, Queens, NY

Forget Buffalo wings: at this Queens outpost known for comfort food, cornmeal-fried oysters are smothered in buttermilk and Buffalo-style hot sauce. Those spicy little nuggets are delivered atop sweet-and-savory corn pudding scented with tarragon and thyme.
32-11 Broadway, Queens, NY; 917-832-6414

---------
they all sound so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Others Do This?? by cjs (I love to read descr...)
The last one, for sure! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Others Do This?? by cjs (I love to read descr...)
Those do sound good. I am not a fan of "cooked" oysters - but the cornmeal crusted oysters intrigue me. I am giving tonight's dinner some thought. It will depend on how beat I am after work.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Others Do This?? by Harborwitch (Those do sound good....)
I shall leave the oysters to you all.
  Re: Re: Others Do This?? by DFen911 (I shall leave the oy...)
I tried fried oysters once at the famous LA Farmer's Market on Fairfax and I had to spit it out. It was just horrible.

But put 2 dozen raw oysters with some cocktail sauce and fresh horseradish in front of me and I'm your girl. LOL.
  Re: Re: Others Do This?? by Trixxee (I tried fried oyster...)
And I'm with Trixxee!!

Barbara~~~doesn't even need cocktail sauce or horseradish...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Others Do This?? by BarbaraS (And I'm with Trixxee...)
Barbara, put an egg on it and you'll probably love it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Others Do This?? by cjs (Barbara, put an egg ...)
Funny how different we all are. I'll only eat it raw in a Bloody Mary shooter, don't particularly care for them fried unless they are done just right....a place at the beach, but I LOVE them steamed or roasted lightly! YUM YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Others Do This?? by Gourmet_Mom (Funny how different ...)
I have tried many different foods just by the menu and/or recipe descriptions. I'm sucker for the written word...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Others Do This?? by foodfiend (I have tried many di...)
Me too, Vicci!!

Oysters or no, I just love the descriptions on menus and other media stories. Nothing gets me moving faster than to read a description of a pizza!!
www.achefsjourney.com