T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I had a dish I wanted to try, but I screwed up and made 4 Salisburys, so have to have leftovers instead. Oh well. it was good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I really wanted to make pot roast yesterday, but William requested spaghetti. Now I've been asked to make beef stew for a group next week. Since I dislike the consistency of stew meat, I'm going to suggest pot roast.....basically the same thing. That said, I'm going to do a dry run tonight to get my head right on amounts for ingredients.

With these brutally cold temps, this is the perfect comfort food. The lake is frozen out beyond the pier!!!! The ducks are seriously confused!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I really wanted to m...)
I sent you a msg.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by cjs (I sent you a msg. [i...)
Got it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Got it!...)
From the new issue, I'm making the waffle chicken sandwich.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by losblanos1 (From the new issue, ...)
Quote:

From the new issue, I'm making the waffle chicken sandwich.

We loved those, but decided that open-faced made for a better ratio of bread to filling. The maple butter is amazing. I could eat it by the spoonful!!

Tonight we're headed out to Miller Union to celebrate my older son's birthday (almost a month late. He's been busy!) and his new job. I've not eaten there before, but it is supposed to be terrific!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Blane's french dip looked so good yesterday that we decided to have sandwiches tonight. Hot pastrami and swiss on toasted french rolls. I might pick up some coleslaw too.

Have fun Karyn! I don't know what triggerfish is but that caught my eye.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That menu sounds seriously good. I have got to get my butt in gear and try beef cheeks. So many things to try . . .

We'll do the oysters tonight - and I bought a small tub of pickled salmon! OMG it is wonderful so we'll have that and some grilled asparagus with dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by Trixxee (Blane's french dip l...)
I'd order darn near anything off the lunch menu!! Have fun

Take pix
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/20/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Steak Stromboli. Pick up.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.