I need help choosing!
  Re: (...)
Tomorrow is William's birthday and I'm taking him out to lunch. I have insisted there are too many great restaurants in the city to keep going to the same ones. So I filtered out the best reviewed from my "Should I Eat There Wilmington" forum based on what was open on Sunday's for lunch and offered meals I knew he would like. But neither of us can decide between the last two!

The George

All menus are available for lunch except the dinner menu, of course.

The Fork and Cork

I should point out that this place is highly recommended if for no other reason than the duck wing app and the new addition of an app of Beef Wellington Bites that are reported to be awesome!

Which would you choose?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: I need help choosing! by Gourmet_Mom (Tomorrow is William'...)
Just looking at the menus and how many ideas I got from them (that I'm really anxious to recreate ) - I'd say the George! (8 items vs. 4 from The Fork & Cork). Plus The George is on the Riverwalk.

Hard one - let us know which you choose and what you order!

Happy Birthday, William!!!! (I'd really like to think of him as Bill, but darn, Daphne, you've called him William forever and it's a hard habit for me to break.)

Happy Birthday, Bill!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I need help choosing! by cjs (Just looking at the ...)
What really confuses people is when I call him by both names when referring to him! LOL! But since moving back here, it's more often William these days. But he prefers Bill.

Thanks for weighing in. Still considering!
Daphne
  Re: Re: I need help choosing! by Gourmet_Mom (What really confuses...)
The last time I visited Monica, we ate at the George and it was wonderful. Though I cannot comment on the Fork and Cork. I do love the Riverwalk!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: I need help choosing! by chef_Tab (The last time I visi...)
It is supposed to be a nice day.....leaning.....

Thanks for the input, Theresa. Especially since you have actually been there!
Daphne
  Re: Re: I need help choosing! by Gourmet_Mom (It is supposed to be...)
Just for your info, Daphne - here are the dishes I want to play with -
The George on the Riverwalk – Wilmington, N.C.

Fried Panko Flounder Sandwich
Fresh local flounder, encrusted with Japanese bread crumbs and flash fried, served on toasted sourdough bread with a side jicama-apple slaw and horseradish pickles 14

Blackened Grouper Reuben
Blackened grouper with jicama slaw, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing, served on toasted marbled rye bread 15

Salmon BLT
Grilled filet of salmon, topped with bacon, lettuce, and tomato with cilantro mayonnaise, served on toasted rye bread 13

Chicken Panini
Grilled chicken, Applewood smoked bacon, Provolone cheese, and our sun-dried tomato basil pesto mayonnaise, served on toasted sourdough bread 10

"George's" Shrimp and Grits
Sautéed shrimp, Applewood smoked bacon, diced tomatoes, scallions and garlic tossed in a white wine cream sauce, served over Stone Ground white cheddar grits 13

Satrters

“The George” Calamari
Lightly fried calamari topped with artichoke hearts, black olives, sundried tomatoes and fried capers, finished with Feta cheese 13

Alligator Satay
Alligator prepared two ways: Cajun fried and citrus grilled, served with a spicy roasted red pepper aioli 14

Santa Fe Salad
Mixed greens, black bean-corn-tomato salsa, sour cream, guacamole and a Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese quesadilla 12

----------------------
The Fork & Cork – Wilmington, N.C.

Salmon club
Salmon filet, avocado, bacon, ripe tomatoes, red onion, arugula, and on 9-grain bread.

Chicken Salad
House made chicken salad with red grapes, diced apples, walnuts and tarragon mayo.

Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Fried chicken breast with Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and stout mustard.

Burger - Kreider
Extra bacon, peanut butter, served on a brioche bun.

--------------

Fun!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I need help choosing! by cjs (Just for your info, ...)
Both sound good for lunch. I guess I'd pick the place that has the nicest view/ambiance? Happy Birthday to William!

Jean - the salmon BLT caught my eye too. As a matter of fact C@H has a salmon salad BLT sandwich in one of the books that looks outstanding. Perhaps the sandwich book?
  Re: Re: I need help choosing! by Trixxee (Both sound good for ...)
Just looking at the menus, I'd go for the George.

Happy Birthday Bill!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: I need help choosing! by BarbaraS (Just looking at the ...)
I would also go for the George. Have a great time!

Happy Birthday to William! Not sure if I can switch to Bill after all this time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I need help choosing! by Mare749 (I would also go for ...)
That's how I feel, too, Maryann
www.achefsjourney.com