Sad news
  Re: (...)
Because you folks here are probably closer to me than most of my family, it is time for me to share our latest news. Monday, while clearing the driveway of snow with our skid-steer, Bruce unfortunately ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and was crushed between the bucket of the skid steer and the cab.
Death was immediate and thankfully he did not suffer, so we are very grateful for that, but the hole he left is large and to say we are a overwhelmed and numb would be an understatement.

We have been very blessed with kind neighbors who have taken over the chores and the snowplowing and loaded us with food. My priorities at this point is to try to maintain some normalcy for the babies who do not understand why papa is not coming home and want to know when he will be back. How do you explain this to a 3 and 4 year old? Ava kind of gets it, Haylee not at all, just cries for poppy.

We chose not to have viewings, he had touched so many people that this would have gone days and personally I could not have faced that challenge at this time. He will be cremated and per his request his ashes will be placed in the poop spreader and spread on our field, maybe a few at the campsite where we buried our beloved dog yaars ago, and a few back home in Massachusetts.

So, needless to say, a difficult few days, with more ahead I am sure. I can feel the hugs, and prayers and love and support from all of you. My request is to just please take a few seconds to evaluate the positions you place yourself in, I know some of the families are involved with construction equipment, make sure you make good decisions. And tell your family you love them often. He never ended a phone conversation with me or the girls or left us walk out the door without telling us he loved us.

Thanks for the love in advance. I will check in as I can.
  Re: Sad news by iBcookin (Because you folks he...)
Oh, Linda, this is so sad it's beyond comprehension! I am so sorry for you and your family and for all you are going through at this time. It is a true testament to the love on this forum that you shared this with us and you can count on love and support in the days ahead.

Please stay with us and stop in when you can to let us know how you are doing. I am so very sorry for your loss.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh Good Lord, Linda - what devastating news. How I wish we all were close to just hold you close and share a little of yours and family's suffering.

I can't imagine what you are going thru - but know that if there is anything we can do, Please just mention - you don't even have to ask.

All of love goes out to you!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sad news by cjs (Oh Good Lord, Linda ...)
My god Linda, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't even know what to say other than lean on anybody and everybody at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  Re: Re: Sad news by Trixxee (My god Linda, I am s...)
Linda, Jane and I don't have the words. We are holding you close from afar and praying for you and the children to find peace.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sad news by Old Bay (Linda, Jane and I do...)
Oh Linda, there just are no words. I am so very sorry to read this and my heart aches with you. Derek and I are keeping you in our thoughts.
  Re: Re: Sad news by DFen911 (Oh Linda, there just...)
My condolences Linda. My prayers to you and your family.
  Re: Re: Sad news by losblanos1 ( My condolences Lind...)
How sad, Linda. No words can express the deep feelings that we have for your sudden tragic loss. May God be with you at this time and comfort you and your family in the days ahead. Thoughts, prayers and hugs from across the seas!! Please keep in touch. We are here if you need us for ANYTHING!!!!

HUGS,

Roxanne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Sad news by Roxanne 21 (How sad, Linda. No...)
darn, Linda - I can not get you and your family out of my mind. So many thoughts and wishes are going out to you and they are really so scattered.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
OMG Linda I am so very sorry for you and your family! I cannot imagine . . . My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family! If there is anything any of us can do please ask . . . . {{{{{GROUP HUG}}}}}

Sadly it made me think of Billy telling us all to always be sure that those we love know they are loved. He was so right,
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!