Monday 1/19/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Tacos here to use up the leftovers from the crab and potato salad.

I have a beautiful chuck roast for Chile Colorado....and wouldn't you know, for the first time I can't find Las Palmas chile sauce!! Even little P.A. carries it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
How frustrating, Jean! It's amazing how regional grocery stores can be, isn't it?

We're having grilled steak and potatoes with roasted jalapeno chimichurri. If the asparagus looks good, I'll grill that, too.
  Re: Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by karyn (How frustrating, Jea...)
I'm going to do a bbq beef slow cooker recipe but think I'll do it in a dutch oven on top of the stove.

Will pick up some rolls and coleslaw for sandwiches.
  Re: Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by Trixxee (I'm going to do a bb...)
I have a roast... still deciding.
  Re: Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by DFen911 (I have a roast... st...)
Looks like it is a beef and/or roast kinda day. I've got my chuck roast in the oven - sure wish it had some of the Las Palmas....next time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by cjs (Looks like it is a b...)
We're having beef here, too. Putting a rub on some ribeyes, then into the rotisserie basket that comes with my rotisserie oven. 15 minutes to perfection. So juicy and pink all the way through. I will cook up some cremini mushrooms and onions to top the steaks, and we'll have a baked potato and a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by Mare749 (We're having beef he...)
Ok roast is in the crockpot with onions and garlic and will later become BBQ shredded beef sandwiches.

In the mean time canning 2 batches of beef bone broth. House smells pretty darn good right now
  Re: Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by DFen911 (Ok roast is in the c...)
Same page, Denise - just shredded my roast and put back in the jus for another hour. Will have sliders tonight and do something for a dinner Wednesday.

Playing in Lake Charles tomorrow.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by cjs (Same page, Denise - ...)
Starting to smell like a roadhouse bbq joint in here too! Not crazy about the coleslaw I picked up. Maybe some salt and pepper will fix it.
  Re: Re: Monday 1/19/15?? by Trixxee (Starting to smell li...)
Dang! All this beef talk going on and I chose strawberry cheesecake pancakes for dinner.