OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business
  Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by Gourmet_Mom (I wonder if Bill and...)
Baked goods with alcohol (other than that found in extracts) are prohibited.

I'd have to check to see what they think about cases where the alcohol is cooked out.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by Gourmet_Mom (I wonder if Bill and...)
Wow, I bet that's tasty!

Labs, when you make your biscotti and your pizzelles, keep in mind that not everyone likes traditional Italian flavors. My dad never liked anise, so my mom always used a good vanilla or almond flavoring. I made some pizzelles one year for my brother that had ground hazelnuts and Frangelica for flavoring. They were really tasty. Have also made lemon, orange and pumpkin.

Have you considered making homemade pasta? Of course you would have to dry it, but that doesn't take long. And you can experiment with colors and flavors. I can't believe the mark-up on that stuff!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by labradors (Baked goods with alc...)
It only has two Tbls of Kirsh in the filling before baking.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by Old Bay (It only has two Tbls...)
I would think cooking out that little bit would be acceptable. Well worth asking, because it really is a great pie.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by Gourmet_Mom (I would think cookin...)
Could be possible. It’s certainly not a Harvey Wallbanger cake.
  Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by labradors (Could be possible. I...)
Labs, here is a website to show you the pasta that I was talking about in my previous thread. I can't believe the prices on this stuff and people buy it!

http://gourmetmarketpasta.boutiquewindow.com/
Maryann

Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by Mare749 (Labs, here is a webs...)
I would suggest C@H Apple Pie Bars. Really good and hold up well.
  Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by Cubangirl (I would suggest [url...)
Cruising around that website Maryann. Boy, does that southwest baked orzo dish look good.

Put away the credit card Theresa.
  Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by Trixxee (Cruising around that...)
That's the one I was looking at! We were suppose to go to http://www.hartvillemarketplace.com/ yesterday, but didn't make it. They have a shop there. So maybe this coming week. I will review the southwest orzo.
Maryann

Re: Re: OT: Starting a Cottage-Food business by Mare749 (That's the one I was...)
Great ideas! I do plan on looking into pastas and that site not only gives me some ideas but also has me thinking of some questions I'll need answered.

The Apple-Pie Bars sound good. I've been considering miniature items, since some people may not want to buy a whole cake or pie. Just this morning, I was thinking about some kind of Black-Forest cake balls (or pops), each with a whole cherry inside.