Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm grilling (in the sunshine ) hamburger steaks, as my Mom used to call them and a humongous grilled onion and leftover couscous salad from our snack last night.

Now, for my dilemma - Roy brought home a pineapple yesterday and of course first thing I thought of was the Pineapple Crisp, but I'm making a chocolate pie in 4 days!!! I shouldn't, I shouldn't

Just a note for a leftover tip. I diluted the jus (if you will) that I had from the crockpot ribs half & half with water and cooked my couscous in it. Wow, what a wonderful flavor for the couscous salad - which I also added some of the rib meat.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Enjoy the sunshine, Jean! We're not supposed to see sun until Christmas Day. It's really unusual for us to go the better part of the week without sun. It will be such a treat to see it on Christmas!

Tonight I'm trying Fig-Glazed, Pecan-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.. If its good, I'll let you know.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14?? by karyn (Enjoy the sunshine, ...)
“Louisiana is known for its plump fresh figs,” Really??? And, we’re here – must look for them.

Crap, Karyn – my menu was set in stone and now you do this????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14?? by karyn (Enjoy the sunshine, ...)
We have a Christmas Party with heavy appetizers, so I'm taking my Blue Crab Dip with toasted Pita Points.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (We have a Christmas ...)
I'm cooking pot roast and we will take it out to my in-laws.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14?? by Mare749 (I'm cooking pot roas...)
Tony mentioned that baby back ribs are on sale for $2.99/lb so I think he's going to make those.

I think I have about 6 boxes of Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes in the pantry so maybe some of those. But for some reason creamed corn sounds good to me. Can't do both. Guess I'll flip a coin.

Karyn - that dish sounds wonderful.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14?? by Trixxee (Tony mentioned that ...)
Jean - as far as your pineapple goes, I made the "hawaiian pasta" from the newest issue(#109) last night and it was delicious. Went perfectly with teriyaki chicken.

If you have an extra 1/3 cup or so you should try that dish!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14?? by Trixxee (Jean - as far as you...)
Off to look, thanks
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/21/14?? by cjs (Off to look, thanks...)
Yesterday was a work day . . . and FOOTBALL GO HAWKS! . . . and Cousin Timmy called from N.D. just as the game was finishing and I was contemplating dinner.

Dinner was a baby romaine salad and big beautiful "hamburger steaks" with buffalo onions & mushrooms and blue cheese. I took a lactase pill and put my burger on my salad. Bob had a bun. We'll remake this one!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!