Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna
  Re: (...)
Saturday morning, as my mom was finishing her coffee, she turned on Food Network and watched some of The Best Thing I Ever Made where Marcela Valladolid was making THIS.

Today, she made it for dinner.

¡ADM! (That's Spanish for "OMG!")

This was incredibly delicious - especially the "sauce" made with puréed fresh corn.

We both agreed that we'll definitely make this again.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna by labradors (Saturday morning, as...)
Quote:

¡ADM! (That's Spanish for "OMG!")

Ha - have heard my sister the high school Spanish teacher say this many times - usually when one of my nephews has done something. I never knew what it meant. LOL.

The lasagna sounds wonderful.
  Re: Re: Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wow, that really sounds delicious. Labs, did your Mom use fresh corn? We only get that in summer around here, and I don't want to wait that long (this will be a great "company recipe" for the winter months, I think). Wonder if frozen corn will work...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna by foodfiend (Wow, that really sou...)
Quote:

Wow, that really sounds delicious. Labs, did your Mom use fresh corn? We only get that in summer around here, and I don't want to wait that long (this will be a great "company recipe" for the winter months, I think). Wonder if frozen corn will work...

Yes. It was fresh corn, but Marcela did say you could use frozen.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna by labradors (Saturday morning, as...)
OMG! I am sooooooo making this. Yum. Right up our alley flavor wise.

Thank you for sharing Labs!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna by Harborwitch (OMG! I am sooooooo ...)
On the list for me as well!!!! Thanks Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna by cjs (On the list for me a...)
This does look good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna by Gourmet_Mom (This does look good!...)
My son and his girlfriend love this lasagna! They've made it with both fresh and frozen and said it doesn't make that much difference.

I've been planning to make it, but it's one of those recipes I never remember when I'm doing my meal planning. Thanks so much for the reminder!
  Re: Re: Review: Corn and Poblano Lasagna by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

Yes. It was fresh corn, but Marcela did say you could use frozen.

I was cleaning out the freezer and found some corn I froze this summer! Now I have to remember to buy poblanos (every other year I have a bag in the frezer, blackened and peeled, but not this time. *sigh*) Can't wait to make it, maybe that week between Christmas and New Years.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com