Thursday's Dinner, 12/11/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today for everyone??

We're finally having the Red Beans and Rice with some of my new Spicy Smoked Sausage from Lake Charles. the recipe is from Lasyone's Restaurant in Natchitoches, LA

Lasyone's Restaurant

It's one of the restaurant's from a book I picked up, "The Southern Foodie, 100 Places to Eat in the South Before You Die"

It is the neatest book!!

Speaking of books - I'm sure enjoying Winter Solstice - about 1/3 of the way thru, so perfect timing to Christmas. Thanks for the recommendation, Vicci
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/11/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Freezer diving today - meatloaf and creamed corn, and I'll make either baked or mashed potatoes.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/11/14?? by Trixxee (Freezer diving today...)
Tonight it's the almond chicken, fried rice and wonton soup.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/11/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's the alm...)
We're having farro risotto with chicken and mushrooms. Salad on the side.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/11/14?? by karyn (We're having farro r...)
Jean, I'm enjoying the first book you mentioned! I'm guessing your Red Beans and rice was killer with that sausage!

I got steaks and baked potatoes, but I think it may just be potatoes. We are both tired and not feeling the steaks. They look really nice, so I'd rather save them for a night we are not so worn out.

Watching Christmas Vacation on ABCFamily right now! Love that movie! It's heavily cut for the family channel, but still good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I'm enjoying t...)
Daphne, the Red beans and rice was excellent. Only problem, I allowed them to cook down too much and didn't add more liquid - so of course sitting overnight they dried out even more. So, I'll add a little stock today for the leftovers. I made just a half batch and it's perfect for 2 meals for us.

[Image: Dec11RedBeansandRice_zps8e58b2f9.jpg]

I love it when the first recipe in a book is good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com